Bama - Ga

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Should be a tough one for both squads and is the beginning of the end for Georgia.

I think the Dawgs win a physical game by about 5-7 points but at a physical toll that will only get worse as their brutal SEC schedule wears on leading up to the Florida game.

Ga 24 Bama 19

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I don't know what to think about this game. I was thoroughly unimpressed with UGA last weekend. Sure Moreno made some highlight reel runs and that leap into the endzone was great, but bottom line is they were shutdown in the 2nd half and only scored 7 points and ASU isn't that good.

But then Bama's game vs Arkansas is hard to put into the proper light. Ark has just barely escaped upsets by lower division teams that aren't very good.

I guess this is one of those we'll have to wait and see. I would imagine that UGA is the favorite and they'll probably win, but it'll be close.

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I have to give props to Ga. for last week. Playing ASU at night in the desert is never fun just ask Husker fans. Going cross country can be quite a shock, ask Cal. I like the Dawgs but as has been said, their depth will be tested as the season go on.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Well ASU did upset the Huskers there and end a win string, but Sun Devil stadium is way down the list of college stadiums that are tough on the visitors. Even Bob Davie got a win in Sun Devil Stadium.

5. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Bob Davie also got a win at LSU

Tyrone Willingham got a win at Florida State and Knoxville

6. Terry O'Keefe

Tigah Stadium is a pit when the Tigahs are good, Sun Devil Stadium isn't a pit even when the Sun Devils are good. I'm sure there fans can get noisy and all that but it's not a legendary collegiate pit. For that matter "The Big House" suffers from much the same problems as Notre Dame stadium it's open bowl design allows noise to to escape, while places like the Swamp, Kyle Field and Neyland Stadium all have designs that tend to trap and echo the sound. Of course the Swamp design and all wasn't a pit till the Gators got good under Spurrier.

And inspite of the legendary noise level at Kyle, I'll let Scott review the Ag's success with all that going for them.

Terry

7. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Alabama has looked really impressive in a couple of games and not so much in another game. Georgia is one of those teams that frequently does just what they need to do to win.

I have mixed emotions about the game. But as much as I hate to root for the Dawgs, it's probably in the Gators interest that they are as highly ranked as possible when we play them.

Then on the other hand if Bama would win the West and we would win the East it's probably in the Gators interest for Bama to be as highly ranked as possible.

So how's that for not being able which to root for.

I think I'll root for Bama.

Bama 28-23

8. AQUILA

AQUILA New Member

I see this one going the way of the Dawgs only because it's between the hedges. UGA 28-21.

9. Bryan

Bryan New Member

This looks like it might be another exciting SEC battle, tough to call. Needless to say, the play of the lines will be critical, and turnovers and special teams could be major factors. Roll Tide!

10. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Thanks Terry! (where's that smiley that flies the bird?!)

Not only did Fran kill my team, he also killed the intimidating atmosphere at Kyle. At lot of us just aren't as rabid as we were, myself included.
    It was either mellow out while Squeaky was in charge, or you'd find yourself twisting at the end of a rope!
    :oops:

11. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Scott.....what is your opinion of this edition of Miami?

I thought they showed a lot of willpower and athleticism when they played Florida.

It appears that Shannon may be making progress.

12. Scott88

They definitely have athletes.
    It's hard to gauge how good they are from the game against the Aggies. We are well down the talent ladder on both lines and LB positions, but still hung with them until poor ball security blew the game open at the half.

I'd say they are better than the team that quit on him last year, but the jury is still out on how much.
    I'd have to agree with a lot of the talking heads that the current state of the ACC gives them a shot at making some noise.

13. Gator Bill

14. IrishCorey

Those douchebags can go suck an egg.

They all sat there giddy as school girls watching a boy band as the media (both print and television) scared the ever loving bajesus out of the public here... CNN was one of the worst (Atlanta based btw). Many, many people made a pretty penny and it looks like a lot of the price gouging that went on was a direct result of the retail stores being gouged by their suppliers. Hmmm, who could that have been?

Not everyone going to the game will get their gas in Athens. A good many Bama fans will gas up prior to going so as to not spend a dime in Georgia.

Kudos to the governor for his quick response.

15. Scott88

Corey I know EXACTLY what you mean.

The pipelines to Dallas have been a little slow, and as a result the gas stocks here are low.
    I read a small print article where the suppliers stated as long as everyone remained calm, and bought normally we'd have enough to go around.

What did WFAA, and the Dallas Morning News do?
    Immediately run stories about how there will surely be gas shortages for the next two weeks with no mention that supplies were adequate.

IDIOTS!!

:evil:

16. IrishCorey

Scott,

Here in the deep south, there wasn't even fine print. You had those of us who knew the supplies would be just fine, and those who don't read up for one reason or another...

Seriously, what this area needed was someone in the oil/gas industry to step up and explain that the supply was fine...and the worst thing that could happen was for everyone to run out, fill up 3 cars, a boat and 5 5gallon tanks to take home... but they didn't. People paid big and they smiled in silence. Eff them and their opinion.

17. Gator Bill

I remember the big gas crisis in the 70's. Long lines, short tempers and people were filling up as Corey says which made the lines longer and the gas in short supply.

Here in Western North Carolina there is a shortage with about half our gas stations being closed at any given time. Maybe more than half. I drove down to Clayton Georgia Thursday and their stations were open, that's not the reason I went there though.

I had planned to drive to Florida to see the Florida - Ole Miss game but with my wife's knee and realizing what a long drive it was going to be by myself I backed out. Of course the gas cost and situation aided my decision.

That was stupid on the part of the person calling to cancel the game.

18. Gator Bill

I predict it will be Alabama ahead 24 - 0 in the second quarter.
    :wink: :wink:

19. Gator Bill

I have a new prediction, 31 - 0 Bama at halftime.

I wonder how many utube videos we will see from Marino for this game?

20. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Can you guys believe the events of today? It mattered not what the outcome of the Auburn/Tennessee game was. Vandy was ahead of us either way. Florida loses a shocker (in my eyes anyway) and Georgia is laying an egg at home against Bama. Vandy is 2-0 in the SEC. Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia losing the same day. This has to be a first. I think I hear Gabriel’s trumpet!

I am down and heavily medicated right now. It has nothing to do with football either. I am passing kidney stone number 108. 106 of the 107 I have passed so far have come from the right kidney. This one is from the left and it is hitting me harder than a Florida linebacker hitting a Tennessee running back.