Angels among us...

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Tennessee Tom, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KZGh2ytxrGk" frameborder="0"></iframe>

2. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

A very moving, heartwarming story. Thanks.

3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

My son, the state trooper, recently pulled over a guy for missing a license plate who he would later find out was an illegal from Mexico who was running drugs.

The guy stepped out of the car with a knife and took a swipe at my boy and dove into the brush so quick he couldn't even get off a shot. They were out in a very wooded and desolate section of south Jersey and he put out a call for backup. The nearest small town PD responded with one officer and his canine .

Scott called out several times for the guy to come out and actually caught a glimpse of him heading the other way. The local cop sent in the German Shepherd and within 30 seconds the screaming started.

About three minutes later the dog came out all bloody with wounds all over him and the knife sticking out of one shoulder. He was dragging the Mexican behind him who was so badly mauled that he was almost unrecognizable. His left hamstring was almost completely detached. When the local cop signaled the dog to release him the drug runner somehow reached up and punched the dog right where the knife was and the dog screamed. The local cop then punched the guy in the face so hard he broke his jaw.

They had to call First aid personnel for both of them. The Mexican had multiple warrants and arrests and had previously been deported twice. They saved the dog but he had to be retired because of his wounds. He is still recovering.

Scott said he had never seen anything like it.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

So when will the Mexican's lawyer be filing a civil suit against the Dog and the Policeman who was his handler? :x

5. Tennessee Tom

In a situation like this one, I blame your son and the local PD officer for any litigation thst may occur. :shock: They should have saved us all time, energy, and money by eliminating this guy from the gene pool. 8)

6. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

George, re: your story.....WOW!

Terry.......LOL! Funny, but unfortunately not out of the realm of possibility.

7. George Krebs

This guy went after Scott with the knife first. That pretty much trumps everything that followed. :wink:

8. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Hopefully, the guy will be put in jail for most of the rest of his life, thus avoiding the possibility that he may return once more after being deported.

George, what got lost in the amazing story of his capture is the fact that he threatened your son's life. For that alone, I'm tempted to agree with Tom's assessment above.

9. George Krebs

Scott couldn't get off the shot fast enough. The guy slashed at him one time with the knife causing Scott to take two steps back and the guy was around the car and into the woods like a flash. That is a potentially dangerous situation .

10. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

In Florida that would be more than good enough to empty the police revolver.

The stand your ground..." AKA.... license to kill ) law in effect here in Florida is actually pretty scary for anyone......criminals and good people alike.

Put it this way....I wouldn't recommend getting into a physical altercation of any kind here in Florida.

11. Tennessee Tom

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG! sound of mag hitting the ground and a new one sliding into the mag well, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG! HALT!!!!!

12. George Krebs

Let me ask you guys some things and these are honest questions. Have you ever shot any one? Killed anyone? Has anyone ever tried to kill you? Have you ever seen anyone shot up close? Have you ever hit a bullseye while someone was standing next to the target shooting back at you?

If you can answer yes to those questions you have my respect and attention. I cannot answer yes. I leave these things to the professionals.

The #1 goal of every police officer is the same. To go home for dinner that night.

13. Tennessee Tom

Let's take them one at a time:

1 Have you ever shot any one? No, but I came close. I drew down on a man and didn't shoot because the knife was dropped by the perp. I held him until the police arrived. That is a shooting situation that did not turn into a shot fired due to training of when to and when not to take the shot.

2 Killed anyone? NO

3 Has anyone ever tried to kill you? Yes, refer to answer number 1.

4 Have you ever seen anyone shot up close? Because of first responder duties with the fire deartment, I have responded to a gun shot victim and was on scene within 10 minutes of the shooting. I have not seen the bullet enter/exit the body. But I have seen the trauma affects which I think is the actual point of this question.

5 Have you ever hit a bullseye while someone was standing next to the target shooting back at you? Absolutely not. Being able to get the gun out of my pocket and rack the slide before he got me with the knife comes close though. I am fully aware that adrenaline affects the ability to place a shot. However, I did not feel those affects until after the police arrived and I placed the gun on my tailgate. At that point is when I started shaking.

14. Tennessee Tom

Whatch out for the latest dangerous gangs on the street. The South Side LOL gangs are running the streets taking control at every corner!

LOL - Little Old Ladies!

http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?id=2998