14th Amendment

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by BuckeyeT, Aug 25, 2023.

1. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

I see no circumstance under which a Trump victory is the best case scenario. Trump destroyed the sacred tradition that made this the world's finest democracy when he did what no President before had ever conceived much less acted upon with malice. Contrary to all available facts and the counsel from his most well-informed and responsible senior advisors, he failed to abide by the will of the people and the determination and sanctity of the Courts and failed to honor and preserve the continuous peaceful transfer of power. There now exists mountains of evidence to show he used deceitful and illegal means by which to attempt to remain in office. In so doing he crossed the Rubicon and let the dark genie out of the bottle and I don't know how or if we'll ever get it back. The judgement of history will be harsh indeed and if we validate that evil destruction of one of the core pillars of our great society by returning him to office, we deserve all the hell that is certain to follow. I have enough faith in the wisdom and judgement of our society to believe that we will avert that special kind of damnation...somehow, some way

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Well…maybe a few see it as a best case scenario:

• Like Like x 2
  3. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

WHY SO SERIOUS?

I'm thinking the current admin fits that video to a T

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I see the Jr senator from Texas endorsed Trump.

5. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Then that young man has a promising career ahead of him.

6. BuckeyeT

7. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Drill baby drill.

8. BuckeyeT

By most accounts, sounds like the justices were having a hard time buying the Colorado arguments

9. Terry O'Keefe

In the mean time the only competitor he has in the race lost to None in the Nevada primary.

10. BuckeyeT

Fortunate for the country he has more than one competitor to overcome.....

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Interesting conclusion by the "Special" Counsel investigating (covering up) the Biden classified documents case.
    "Given the intelligence and military officials present and the topics discussed at the meetings Mr. Eiden recounted for Zwonitzer, Mr. Eiden should have realized that his notes did or were likely to contain classified information. But taken as a whole, the evidence will likely leave jurors with reasonable doubts about whether Mr. Eiden knew he was sharing classified information with Zwonitzer and intended to do so. For these jurors, Mr. Eiden's apparent lapses and failures in February and April 2017 will likely appear consistent with the diminished faculties and faulty memory he showed in Zwonitzer's interview recordings and in our interview of him. 949 Therefore, we conclude that the evidence does not establish that Mr. Biden willfully disclosed national defense information to Zwonitzer."
    That's right he's getting let off because he has "deminished faculties and faulty memory" but he's in charge of the nuclear button? Incredibly he's running for reelection an millions will vote for a NO BRAINER.

12. BuckeyeT

Yep...2 great choices. How'd we get in this hellacious mess??

13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It started November 2020.

14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I think that all the 14th amendment talk is just a pipedreame. Meanwhile a more appropriate amendment for discussion is the 25th. Often cited by the leftist media while Trump was President but hardly mentioned during Biden's Odyssey.

15. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

This passage from the report really is frightening.

IMG_0149.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Terry O'Keefe

No clue if even one of these statements is true, but I wouldn't be shocked.

17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Just a few comments on the above Kaepernick Partner's comments:
    Just what made these J6 rioters "dangerour?" Maybe it was the Viking horns they were wearing or the American flags they were carrying. (flags seem to turn off guys like him)
    I've seen Orban interviewed and I like his policy about not letting his country become swamped by Muslim ghettos like France and Belgium. I respect him more than leaders like Macron and whoever is leader of Britain this week
    He seems to think that being able to get along with foreign leaders is somehow a bad thing. When Trump was president Putin kept his hands off of Ukraine. We didn't have spy baloons flying over us with impunity. Iran seemed to be in check and weren't rolling in cash to fund their proxies.
    Apparently this guy prefers bodies which aren't capable of climbing stairs in the wind or exiting a stage with cables on it over one that still reportedly plays a decent round of golf. As they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but leftists always confuse their opinion with the truth.
    His comments about day one refer to Presidential orders that he had in place regarding the border and Traitor Joe acted as a dictator by countermanding.
    Migrants are taking government resources from US citizens, they're commiting crimes in organized theft rings, they're assaulting our police officers, in NYC schools were used to house immigrants while the kids were forced back into remote learning. I guess if you think that's not particularly good for our country you're a Nazi.
    This guy's post is a perfect example of how social media influences our younger generations and why they buy into policies of Hitler such as actually promoting the extermination of Jews.

18. BuckeyeT

Nothing there shocks me TOK, why should that surprise anybody? The man has evidenced behaviors far outside the bounds of common decency and the rule of law for a lifetime. We should have believed him when he told us who he was ages ago and spared ourselves this political hell in which we find ourselves. Now the far right is stuck in an ever more futile effort trying normalize his peculiar brand of lunacy.

It is my fervent hope that the vast majority rational actors in the middle will not allow nor validate their efforts for if they do, imo, the bounds of decency in our society will have been washed away for a generation. In that case someone with unique insights to his thoughts and actions and knows him far better than I said it best, "God help us". I remain hopeful that he will indeed

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. BuckeyeT

3 years ago today on the Senate floor....my guess is that if McConnell had a mulligan, he and those of his Republican colleagues who knew what the right thing to do was but thought they could thread the political needle without material consequences would have taken a different approach. But here we are......

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
  20. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

That's the first time I've heard the entire speech. Based on all that's happened since, it seems to me to be as impactful today as it was then. At the time, all it got Mitch was the label of RINO from the whacko wing of the party. smh

• Agree Agree x 1