14th Amendment

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by BuckeyeT, Aug 25, 2023.

1. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Meanwhile things are happening as a result of our internal decay that are re-shaping geopolitics and the United States. We are totally exposed in the Energy sector, have greatly depleted our Reserves and put the Saudis back in the driver's seat. Russia is quickly forming a military alliance with North Korea. Our major cities are in advanced decay from crime and drugs. We are pushing headlong into electric vehicles while our #1 rival, China, owns 70% of both the needed components and the supply chain. Now we have a strike against the Big Three automakers for the first time in history which is costing the economy $1 Billion per day. This administration grades out at an F-.

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Fetterman and other Dems. are out on the picket line with the UAW. meanwhile the Dem.'s energy policy are destroying the jobs of their fellow picketers. If the union gets anywhere near their demands, they competitiveness of the US auto industry will be destroyed. But you can't blame them, they're trying to keep up with the inflation that's killing their wallets. Again, we know who's mostly responsible for that. And of course their wage increases will just add to inflation.

3. George Krebs

Asking for wage increases of 40% while simultaneously demanding a 20% reduction in work time is a recipe for inflation.

4. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

They. Don't. Care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Good to know we will have saved the planet from climate change for the future generations to live in a 3rd world economy...

6. George Krebs

I left out illegal immigration in my list of self-induced damage above. It increased 27% July over the previous MONTH and now Mexico is loading long freight trains with people and transporting them to the border. We shouldn't be surprised business is picking up with an election year looming.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  7. George Krebs

Using official numbers put forth from the government, the number of immigrants who have crossed over since Jan. 20, 2021 now exceeds the populations of 24 US states. Of course I'm sure there is nothing to concern us. Note: Those numbers do not include the ones who sneak in every day.

8. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to see a vote from Colorado to see how many want him to run, not just a few lawmakers.

10. BuckeyeT

Husker, they already voted on that 150 years ago. That pesky Constitution keeps getting in his way, no wonder he wants to ignore it. In all seriousness, I don't see how this doesn't find it's way to SCOTUS and, given the primary registration deadlines looming, it prob won't be long in coming, imho

11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, isn't there a presumption of innocence? How can a candidate be prevented from being on a ballot based only on allegations? While this is cloaked in preserving the Constitution I see it nothing more that another perversion of our judicial system by the left. If you can't beat him at the ballot box change the voting rules. If you're still worried, indict him. If that might not work remove him from the ballot. Meanwhile the fascists running this country wave the Constitution as if they didn't want to get rid of it.

12. BuckeyeT

The only issue with your assertion that this is "another perversion of our judicial system by the left" is that the majority of the challenges filed to date have been sponsored by people of both political stripes. Not only that, they were backed up with legal analysis and support from some of this nations most respected conservative legal scholars and jurists. So no....in spite of the best efforts and noise from the extreme right, it's good see to that defending the Constitution is still, in fact, not a partisan endeavour simply the best of country before party.

Based only on allegations??? That there was an insurrection has already been established in multiple proceedings in multiple courts by multiple juries so that is no longer at issue. Now it seems a simple matter of establishing the "aid and comfort" element. Given that which has already been evidenced wouldn't seem to be any greater difficulty to disqualify him than for him to prove he was in fact "a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident" to qualify him that is found in the same document.

Of course his attorney's will no doubt have the opportunity to put forth a vigorous defense on how using the institutions of state for organizational efforts and funding, inflaming the partisans with rhetoric known to be false, personnel actions, hosting strategy and communication sessions, executive clemency promises, abandoning his post and failing to perform his duty whilst the Capitol was being over run, conveying the knowledge that a "we love you" and that they are "very special" from their President is not by any means providing aid and comfort.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. BuckeyeT

14. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

He's immensely popular. :rolleyes:

16. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Maybe the other guy is immensely unpopular? o_O

17. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Based on current polls, Scott, you are correct.

18. George Krebs

I don't think Trump is all that personally popular. But given the disastrous shape we find ourselves in as a nation at this time, I think a lot of people long for things as they were under him pre-covid.

19. BuckeyeT

Looks like Round 1 goes to Trump....Colorado and Michigan up next

Minnesota Supreme Court Rejects 14th Amendment Argument That Would’ve Kicked Trump Off Ballot

Curious tho, they basically kicked the can down the road on their decision, somebody at some point is going to have to address the fundamental question. Seems clear to me that the ultimate arbiter on this matter is going to be SCOTUS

"The court rejected the petition because “there is no state statute that prohibits a major political party from placing on the presidential nomination primary ballot … a candidate who is ineligible to hold office.”

20. BuckeyeT

They are both "immensely unpopular"...I think the most recent poll I saw showed that 2/3 of the US didn't want either one. Tells me how out of touch the major political party organizations are with the American people. How do we get back to the center? Will we ever? Hard to see that from where we are today

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1