You've met the enemy

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by IrishCorey, Mar 20, 2009.

1. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

and the enemy, is you

I wonder if one of these families gets murdered, what cries shall the 'there outta be a law' posse have then? I've apparently doubled my dose of crazy pills because I just don't know where half this sh*t is coming from. Maybe America is as ignorant as I've been saying all along... ****.. I thought I was kidding

People are angry and they want simple answers. Simple answers to complex policy is never a good thing...I just hope someone is left standing who might have been keeping a list of those who told you to march on with your torches. Those are the real deceivers here.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

As a believer that my own untimely demise in my job was hastened by the credit/mortgage crisis I only have sympathy for the families of the AIG execs.....not the individuals involved.

3. IrishCorey

Keep these quotes in mind in case you wind up reading any obituaries or police reports:
    So Mr Cuomo will be making the decision on whose info to release. Let's hope he reads this:
    I always laughed at the notion that the post 911 America was McCarth-esque, and I still believe that.... but this America... I'm not laughing. It's a god damned witch hunt and history has shown us (not that many whining know what that is anyway) that it is the innocents and the crusaders who get hurt in these things...

4. IrishCorey

5. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

.....exactly which individuals would those be? The individuals that defaulted on the obligations that AIG insured? The individuals who incented bad credit practices as a matter of public policy? The individuals that wrote the accounting rules that forced massive asset liquidations and devaluations? The AIG guys are no more responsible for initiating this crisis than are you......

This witch hunt has reached absurd proportions and it is destroying our financial system for a generation. To what end? To make you feel better? To punish? The President of the United States has created a monster in his populist war against the investing class and now people are storming the barricades, burning the constitution and the wisdom of our founding fathers in the process......what brainless moron can actually believe that this is helpful to our country? Explain.....I'm all ears......

This man was no more prepared to be a chief executive in the most important job in the world and lead this country out of crisis than my 9 year old son. It is amateur hour people.....well done America!

I am absolutely staggered at the apparent lack of executive leadership and management skills that have been evidenced thus far out of the Oval office.....it is absolutely a Keystone Cops routine. I am rooting for the guy to be successful in addressing the situation with every fiber of my being but I'm not optimistic. Bernanke has thus far shown to be the only adult in the room and mercifully, he was not an Obama appointee.

6. BuckeyeT

7. BuckeyeT