Yet another Dem Loses His Mind....

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by George Krebs, Feb 3, 2006.

1. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

NAACP chairman compares GOP to Nazis
    Bond delivers blistering partisan speech in North Carolina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: February 2, 2006
    1:00 p.m. Eastern

:lol:

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Julian Bond

Civil rights activist and NAACP Chairman Julian Bond delivered a blistering partisan speech at Fayetteville State University in North Carolina last night, equating the Republican Party with the Nazi Party and characterizing Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and her predecessor, Colin Powell, as "tokens."

"The Republican Party would have the American flag and the swastika flying side by side," he charged.

Calling President Bush a liar, Bond told the audience at the historically black institution that this White House's lies are more serious than the lies of his predecessor's because Clinton's lies didn't kill people.

"We now find ourselves refighting old battles we thought we had already won," he said. "We have to fight discrimination whenever it raises its ugly head."

He referred to former Attorney General John Ashcroft as J. Edgar Ashcroft. He compared Bush's judicial nominees to the Taliban.

The talk so infuriated at least one black family in attendance among the 900 in the auditorium that they got up and walked out in protest.

"He went on and on name calling," said Lee Wilson. "I walked out in the middle of his speech with my wife and three kids"

The harsh partisan rhetoric from Bond should not have surprised anyone who has followed him in recent years.

In July 2001, Bond said, "[Bush] has selected nominees from the Taliban wing of American politics, appeased the wretched appetites of the extreme right wing, and chosen Cabinet officials whose devotion to the Confederacy is nearly canine in its uncritical affection."

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

He's a first class hater and divider.

3. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

The sad part is that for every family that walked out, there are hundreds that believe and follow him.

I truly believe this: One day, in a time far away, the races will come together. There will only be one race intermingled with all colors. Even then, there will be people like Bond that will say that they are oppressed because they are short, tall, fat, skinny, etc...

There are black members in my family. They were treated poorly by even other members of my family. They could have taken the path of "poor me" like Bond does. But no! They had the attitude that they would make something of themselves with nobody else’s help. One of them received a scholarship to UT. He wasn't good enough to star on the field but he excelled in the classroom. He now owns his own sports oriented business in Nashville, TN. He now laughs at those that looked down their noses at him early in his life.

When People like Kurston, described above, make it on their own in this country, it makes Bond look like the idiot he is.

4. Terry O'Keefe

There is a slowly growing number of middle to upperclass black families that are voting Republican. They are a threat to Jessie Jackson, Bond and that crew who revels in the "Black man" being held down. It's the only reason for their existence.

Your post also reminds me of that old joke.

RedNeck School Bus driver during Integration in Alabama was getting tired of the fighting and bickering amongst the black kids and white kids on his bus. So one day when he'd finally had enough he stopped the bus and made all the kids get off. He lined them up and told them that he was tired of the racial bickering, that we all just had to get along. So from now on he wasn't having any black kids or white kids, he wanted all of them to think of themselves as green. The kids thought that was a good idea and agreed.

Then he told them to get back on the bus, but that the darker green kids he wanted at the back of the bus! :lol:

5. Terry O'Keefe

Tom,

I have to ask, you said that you had black members of your family. I hate to pry and don't feel like you have to answer this or want to tell me it's none of my business. But I am curious about that. Historically in the old South there were families that had a "black" branch, Thomas Jeffersons family comes to mind immediately. Is that sort of how your family is, is there a Sally Hemmings in your family?

Terry

6. Tennessee Tom

Actually, Terry, the black integration into my family is very new, 28 years ago to be exact. My mother’s first cousin was Janice Hargrove (now deceased). That would make Janice my second cousin. She married a man that left her within a year with two bi-racial infants. The Hargrove side of my family was part of the reason for him leaving. They never accepted their grandsons. They died without ever knowing how good they would turn out. :(

Janice was an outcast but was welcomed in by the Batten side of my mother’s family. The two children were accepted by the Batten’s in an area of South Central Tennessee that just didn’t see blacks very often. Janice raised them well as a single parent. She taught them to respect others but to not expect respect in return. They were taught to EARN RESPECT. :!:

Those two boys turned into men far before they reached their senior year at Brentwood Academy. Kurston Biggers, one of the two, was the one that I wrote about earlier in this topic. I am proud that both of them are part of my family. :D

7. Terry O'Keefe

Thanks Tom, interesting story. Brentwood Academy is a pretty prestigous private school right? Must have been some smart kids.

Terry

8. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Nice story, Tom...

If I'm not mistaken, Janice would actually be your cousin once removed, and the two young men would be your second cousins.

stu

9. Tennessee Tom

I get those kind of details screwed up. Call us what you like... except for kissin' cousins. :lol: Kurston still has the muscles that I lost years ago! :oops: Sic 'em Kurston! :roll:

10. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Nice story Tom.

It's amazing that the party of hatred tries to sell themselves as the party of the people.

Being out of power and hatred can be a terrible thing.

Just look at Ted Kennedy.

Gator Bill