What a difference a coach makes...

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

No not referring to the Headline on the Sports Illustrated cover showing Maurice Stovall with the winning score at Mich State in Tyrone Willinghams Smoke and Mirrors debute.

But the Notre Dame Hockey Coach!! I don't even know who Jeff Jackson, the Notre Dame Hockey coach, is; but this guy has come in and turned around the program. He still has the worst facilities in the CCHA, small dark rink, etc. But this week the 5th ranked Irish will play the 7th ranked Wolverines. Think about that, UM has a big arena, has a big hockey budget, has outstanding facilities, every advantage that a Hockey team can have...well they do have to wear those silly helmets.

I don't know if Jeff Jackson is a smoke and mirrors coach. But I'm amazed that he has this team playing so well, and amazed that he's inked the #1 player in North America to come to ND. I wonder if the big boys will come in and hire him away. I hope the ND Ath.Director doesn't let that happen.

Terry

2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Yost Ice Arena was constructed in 1923 and resembles a barn. Fomerly, it was known as Yost Field House and is where Michigan played its basketball games before Crisler Arena was buildt in the early 70s. This "big" area seats only 6600 people

Signed,
    The Skybox Editorial Correction Dept

P.S. Jackson is doing a great job. I was wondering when someone would post about the great season the ND is having in hockey.

3. Terry O'Keefe

LOl... I stand corrected. :) Hockey seats at ND are only about 4 or 5 rows deep I think, so 6600 would be a big arena. But for some reason I thought you guys had a North Dakota like place.

Had you ever heard of Jackson before?

4. Terry O'Keefe

Yikes.....ND Hockey hammered Michigan 7-3 at Yost! Amazing.

5. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

i didnt

<t>think anyone cared about college hockey.<br/>
    <br/>
    I was about ready to plan my takeover of the board with my cohorts Bobda and Gipper to totally turn this into an ice palace dedicated to nothing but hockey talk.<br/>
    <br/>
    You guys want the puck? You can't handle the puck.<br/>
    <br/>
    ps.<br/>
    <br/>
    Bobda, I'd be all over you about the game tonight but I am still reeling for the results of our football head to head. Call it square?</t>

6. Terry O'Keefe

Care about College Hockey? I'm a huge College Hockey fan!! :lol . Kicking Meeechigans arses in any sport makes me a big fan!! :twisted: :twisted: Irish just finished sweeping them 4-3!!!