Well hopefully he doesn’t eventually follow the Irish

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by RECcane, Oct 23, 2020.

1. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

What’s a Dad to do when his only son seeking our Lord walks into a Catholic church, enjoys the service and falls in love with a 105 lb Redhead who says hello after service. She being one of six kids is an angel who we love as well. Well my son decided the best bet was to become Catholic got engaged and is planning for a late spring wedding.

I say all this because this former deacon at a Baptist Church first found it weird but wised up and just said thank you to be a part of... Life is always changing and most wonderful as it try’s to teach us along the way...

Gawd I hope the grandchildren don’t want an Irish T-shirt....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Ralph, he'll need to apply to the Bishop of his Diocese for permission to not follow the Irish. He'll have to show reasonable cause for the request. Following Florida probably would qualify, but following Miami definitely wouldn't. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Best wishes to your son and his fiancee for a long and happy marriage. I'm sure he's in RCIA process now or soon to start, it's will educate him about the church beyond the "nice service" and many converted Catholics end up being better Catholics than us cradle Catholics.

I've always like the Mass and it's traditions. But I have family members who left the church because they didn't like the service, among other things. They ended up at non-denominational churches that emphasized bible study. Too each his own.

4. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

So the lad pulled the trigger eh? Well good for him.
    :)