Week 13 College Football 2021

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

End of the regular season! A number of big rivalries at the end of the season.

Ohio State @ Michigan ...Michigan rounding into championship form with some big wins following that loss to MSU, Buckeyes also are on a roll with that huge win over Michigan State! Buckeyes are 7.5 point favorites. Michigan has been described as a very physical defense, the best that the Buckeyes have faced this season. Michigan offense is very physical as well, they like to run the ball, but the passing game has developed as the season went on and they are more complete. I imagine this game might resemble the 2016 game, isn't that the one where Ohio State got a favorable spot on a 4th down try allow the game to go to OT where the Buckeyes won? I am expecting the annual appearance of Buckeye T and the Dead Schembechlers at any moment!

Alabama @ Auburn The War Eagles won't have Bo Nix and I imagine the Tide will get their first win at Jordan-Hare Stadium in quite a while. But you never know about these things. History shows us that there are these things called upsets in rivalry games. I don't imagine kp is counting his chickens quite yet!

OU @ Oklahoma State Bedlam! This game is very big in the overall scheme of things. Oklahoma State if they can win out has a real shot at the CFP. There is a lot of possibilities for the B12 Championship game, involving Baylor, OU and Oklahoma State. If OU wins and Baylor wins, then OU is in and so is Oklahoma State as the Cowboys who would have the same conference record as Baylor but beat them would get the nod. But if OSU wins, then Baylor gets the nod due to their victory over OU a few weeks ago.

Ole Miss @ Miss State The Egg Bowl. This should be a very entertaining game. Two riverboat gamblers as coaches, two high powered offenses, two really good QB's in Will Rogers and Matt Corral. Thanksgiving Night! Don't miss it!

Oregon State @ Oregon The game formerly known at the Civil War. Big big game. Oregon is in a must win situation, win and they are the Pac 12 N Champions with a return shot at Utah and the Rose Bowl. Lose and then things get screwy and tie breakers come into play and Wazzu or Oregon State could end up the Pac12 N champs.

Georgia @ Ga.Tech Yikes after what the Irish did to Ga.Tech I fear for the lives of the poor guys from Tech, esp the QB who was sacked and chased relentlessly by the Irish and we're not nearly as big and fast and agressive as the Dawgs.

Washington State @ Washington The Apple Cup. The puppies are without a HC, but so are the Coogs. Has this ever happened? Wazzu still has a lot to play for, they win and the right combination of losses give them the Pac 12 N Championship, has an interim Coach ever won a Championship? I've read that the interim HC at Wazzu if he wins out could be the next HC at Washington State.

Nebraska @ Iowa I'll have to defer to AJ on whether this is a real rivalry in the same sense as the old OU/Neb rivalry? But the Cornhuskers found another way to come close to winning a game last week at Wisconsin but not actually win it. All of their losses this season have been by single digits, all of them usually involve a special teams misfire of some sort , but after firing a bunch of coaches they kept the special teams coach (credit to Bobda for noticing this). Iowa started hot and got all the way to #2 in the polls, then Purdue and Wisconsin beat them and the last 3 games vs a really bad NU team and a really bad Illinois team they hardly looked like world beaters. So maybe Neb can end the season here on a high note. Let's hope so!

Clemson @ South Carolina. Clemson seems to have finally found an offense, at least when the face a defense as bad as Wake Forrest. South Carolina has won 2 out of it's last 3 games, so maybe this will be a good contest. If the cards fall the right way Clemson could still end up the ACC Champ and in a New Years 6 game. South Carolina is going bowling no matter what.

Texas A&M @ LSU The good bye game to Coach O, is this a real rivalry like the old Texas/A&M Turkey day? I'll let Scott answer that, I know he probably hates LSU as much as any team currently on the A&M schedule. Talk won't die down about Jimbo to LSU no matter how much he denies it. Will the Bayou kitties show up or have they thrown in the towel? Doesn't matter, A&M more talented and better coached.

FSU @ Florida One team is rudderless and the other team is playing it's best ball of the season. Will the Gators show up for this one, it's for their pride? As I said FSU has started to have a heartbeat as a program, they will be fired up to take them down in the Swamp.

Wisconsin @ Minn Paul Buyan's Axe!! Can't believe it used to be a slab of Bacon!! But Whisky another team that must win, is in the drivers seat. Lose and it could be a 4 way tie and tiebreakers. Badgers seem to have found their offense finally and they never lost their defense so they are finishing on the upswing and I imagine the unhappiness with Paul Chryst has died down and nobody cares about Jack Coan any more.

other games.

Wake Forrest @ BC The key game for the ACC. Wake is in the drivers seat for the Championship game, but they have to beat BC. If they lose then it gets complicated. Clemson has the tie breaker over Wake, Wake has the tie breaker over NC State and NC State has the tie breaker over Clemson. I don't know who goes to tell you the truth.

Kansas State @ Texas Oh lord just let this season be over, and if possible lord let Texas get a win in their last game to send them into the offseason with something positive. KState lost their senior QB and leader in Skylar Thompson last week during their loss to Baylor. No word on whether or not he'll play at Texas. I don't wish him anything but good things, but maybe he needs another week to recover and get ready for the Bowl game!! A lot of players will playing their last game for Texas, either graduation or the Portal. Sark is going to do a Mel Tucker style rebuild with the portal and new recruits.

Penn State @ MSU Will 95 Million Dollar Mel earn that this weekend? Is James Franklin going to stay at Penn State? Rumors have him signing a big extension and taking hit hat off the Carousel. Other than that game is about pride and bowl position.

Vanderbilt @ Tenn A year ending rivalry that historically hasn't really been a rivalry and certainly this year Vanderbilt has no chance at Knoxville

Kentucky @ Louisville An instate rivalry but not one that gets any national attention. Mark Stoops the Kentucky coach might be on his way to Gainesville after the game, or Baton Rouge.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

HAHA... I was about to start this and give you a hard time, but ya just got it out in time! :cool:

Aggies playing the Swamp Kats in Bayou country.
    They can actually get to bowl eligibility with a win, and they really don't like that Jimbo is now 2-1 vs them.
    They've gotten their defense in order of the last month, and I expect them to blitz the hell outta Calzada, who is NOT the quickest decision maker. The RB's need to make some explosive plays to take advantage of their gambles. Fortunately, I have a nice stable of backs to hopefully get that done.

Is it a rivalry? The Aggies have won 2 of the last 3 and we never liked them in the first place.
    Bad blood will definitely be flowing!

3. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I never know what.will happen in the Auburn game. Michigan /Ohio St. Will be interesting also.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Mel Tucker going to the mattresses !

Mel Tucker delivered an ultimatum to Michigan State football’s coaching staff. Or, rather, made them an offer they couldn’t refuse.

“Our focus is on this next game and preparing the best that we can,” Tucker said Monday during his weekly news conference. “I also told the staff that it's really just time to go to the mattresses, basically, for this week and beyond.”

The 13th-ranked Spartans host Penn State on Saturday in the regular-season finale, a chance to go unbeaten at Spartan Stadium this fall and become the fastest coach in MSU history to have a 10-win season.

5. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Terry O'Keefe

OK so how in the heck did you find that guys Obit? You a regular reader of the Hastings Trib?

7. Terry O'Keefe

Sark has made some comments, publicly, about the QB situation at Texas and said that there would be an open competition and that they want to bring in another QB as the QB room is thin. All of this is being taken as code to Spencer Rattler who is definitely leaving OU, that there is a spot for him at Texas.

8. Scott88

You sure you want him?

9. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm......not unlike asking about the revival of the Carthaginians, how would they know?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

Me? Not so sure, but then maybe Sark see's something that he can fix in Rattler?

Charlie Brewer has another season left and is available!!! :D

11. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

44674.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Terry O'Keefe

Bill O'Brien to LSU? Supposedly after Jimbo he's next on their list.

Quick turnaround for BOB.

13. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I would rather lose Golding.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Scott88

Good, I have ZERO worries about L$U if BOB is driving their bus.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Well our offense has not had much of a drop off but our defense hasn't executed like it has in the past

16. Scott88

I don't consider BOB an elite recruiter. He would get players at L$U but I doubt he could lock down the state.
    Just not a hire that would inspire much of a reaction in my mind.

17. Terry O'Keefe

I have my own issues with BOB, given how he single handedly destroyed the Texans.

18. Terry O'Keefe

Bob Stoops says he loves his TV job and is not looking to get back into coaching, responding to his name being brought up for the Florida job.

19. Scott88

So he COULD be the one!? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Gruden asked Stoops if he ever sent any emails.

• Funny Funny x 3