USPS

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Aug 24, 2020.

1. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

I am not opening up this topic to bash on USPS, but to understand if my experiences and views are unique. Ever since the "news" claimed that Trump literally (newsflash: he didn't) said he was going to put the USPS out of business to stop mail-in ballots, I have seen non-stop stories how efficient, respectable, credible, amazing organization the USPS is.

Am I the only one that has had mail addressed to me delivered to the wrong address? This year? More than once?

Am I the only one that has had mail addressed to a neighbor delivered to me? This year? More than once?

Am I the only one that has had mail addressed to someone else in my city delivered to me? This year?

Am I the only one that was expecting something that never arrived? This year?

Am I the only one that has sent something in the mail that never arrived? This year?

All of these have happened to me THIS YEAR. In the first two cases, at least once per month.

The last time I sent cash in an envelope was about 20 years ago, and it was stolen en route. The envelope and card made it, but the cash was gone. Thank you to the USPS for delivering the card, because it's the thought that counts.

Has anyone else successfully sent $20 or more, and it arrived? I now understand why we're told ad nauseum not to send cash in the mail. I have had small change make it through in packages, but can't ever remember cash making it through.

Finally, I can't believe I didn't think of this first since it is so mind blowing. These are my words and development of the idea, but the idea was not created by me.

I think it is fair to say the USPS cannot reliably be trusted to handle something as important/easy to steal/mess with as cash. That is not to say that all USPS workers are not trustworthy, but that there are enough that cannot be trusted that sending something as important/easy to steal/mess with as cash is very much not recommended.

Can anyone think of anything similar surrounding the current topic of mail-in ballots that might raise concern, when the USPS is in charge of getting the ballot to the right house for voting, then delivering it for counting? Is there really NO chance that at least ONE USPS employee with TDS might take it upon themselves to "cure" the country of a second Trump term? We can't send cash, but we can be assured that all of our ballots will make it through?

To top it off, the postal union has actually DECLARED SUPPORT for Biden?!?! That, right there, should exclude the USPS from having ANYTHING to do with our election. They have explicitly declared a bias in this year's elections. Is it that large of a leap to think this could have disastrous implications, whether in actuality or in impression of the reliability in the results? Even the PERCEPTION of impropriety, creating the view that the results may not be reliable, could result in much more far-reaching implications than this year's elections.

This is NOT a good look.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Recently sent to letters from Milwaukee to SE Michigan by priority mail USPS due to time sensitive nature of letters. Was supposed to arrive in 2 days. Took 9 days for each letter to be delivered. Each sat in Detroit for 4 days.

Ordered an item in July that was shipped by priority mail from Washington. Took 28 days for it to reach me.

PO has been hemorrhaging money for years but now its service is akin to Soviet Union grocery store where only bread is in stock and a customer has to wait 7 hours in line to buy a loaf.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

The good news is that I'm receiving gifts from China that I never ordered. They come through the USPS in Amazon boxes. Things like miniature rolls of toilet paper...

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Kesley... you are obviously a racist who wants people to die from Covid!

Never mind that people can go out and protest in large groups that they should be able vote by mail to avoid crowds...
    o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

I cited this type of response from the right in another post.

Let's all forgive the meddling and tampering of mail-in voting by Trump and his large scale campaign to keep millions of Democrats from voting by mail by pointing out how a few thousand possibly Democrats ( who knows could be non-voters just causing trouble ) in certain major cities have been complete idiots about social distancing when they attend protests.
    Yeah.... I see that's a valid argument.... sure.

6. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

It is a false narrative that Trump is meddling with the post office. The post office has to change. It all started with fax machines and now with all the electronic communication mail volume has plummeted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Motorcity Gator

So you tell me Stu why in hell does Trump infer that without funding that USPS doesn't have what it needs to get the job done with mail-in voting?
    Now LeJoy today is telling Congress he won't replace the mail sorters. However.... he still contradicts Trump in the opposite direction by saying that the postal service as it stands today can and will successfully handle mail-in voting.

8. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I get my next door neighbor's mail at least 8-10 times per year. I get mail for a house on the other side of town 20x per year. Same house # but I am on Cherry Lane and they are on Cherry Bend Circle. Close enough for government work as they say. We have curbside mail boxes so delivery is by truck. If there is a car parked anywhere in the general vicinity of the mailbox you will not get your mail but he will put a nasty printed note in your mailbox.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

It has been established that there will be no mail problems with the election. No matter how many times you vote.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Motorcity Gator

As long as we keep sendin em they will keep countin em Stu.:)

11. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

You think that's funny?

• Like Like x 1
  12. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

13. Motorcity Gator

So now Trump is on a mission to set up his unlawful and treasonous actions to come when he loses the November election and by not accepting the results he risks stirring up serious strife and possible violence in the nation:

"Earlier in the week, he tweeted, "Sending out 80 MILLION BALLOTS to people who aren't even asking for a Ballot is unfair and a total fraud in the making."
    And in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity the day before, Trump said "we are sending out 80 million ballots. And they are unsolicited."
    Facts First: While some sources estimate there will be around 80 million ballots submitted by mail this year, the President is wrong to suggest that they are all somehow unsolicited. In 41 of 50 states, voters have to request their ballot by mail before being sent one, with only a handful of states automatically sending mail-in ballots to all registered voters"

14. Motorcity Gator

Just heard Trump again say on live TV the biggest threat to our election is the unsolicited ballots being sent out. I truly cannot believe a word this slimeball says.
    Again..... for those that love to ingest Trump's lies without hesitation:

Facts First:
    While some sources estimate there will be around 80 million ballots submitted by mail this year, the President is wrong to suggest that they are all somehow unsolicited. In 41 of 50 states, voters have to request their ballot by mail before being sent one, with only a handful of states automatically sending mail-in ballots to all registered voters"

15. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

It is a lie to say that Trump said they were all unsolicited. Of course that is typical of you, your hate drives you to ridiculous links.

Do you ever wonder why so many people do not try to converse with you? Or how many have you on ignore?

Perhaps one day you might try to carry on a normal conversation, but I highly doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who actually won the Iowa Democratic primary? It took 2 weeks for them to come up with a "probable" result. Democrats have been controlling vote counting in Broward and Palm Beach counties and those assholes take days to come up with a result. Now instead of machines that give results within hours we're supposed to rely on hand counting in counties like Broward and Palm Beach? If you wanted to screw up an election you probably couldn't do worse than what the Dems want to do.
    Here's TODAY'S ballot screw up, 1600 NJ Primary ballots were misplaced and just found last week. The primary was in JULY.
    More than 1,600 mail-in ballots found in 'mislabeled' bin - two months after New Jersey primary

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Motorcity Gator

So Bill what part of what Trump is saying about unsolicited ballots is true when 41 states out of 50 only send mail in ballots to registered voters who request them?
    And the other 9 states only send them to registered voters.
    So WTF is he saying?

18. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

What's he saying you ask?.....

I'LL BE BACK.

19. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Speaking of being back....

23793.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Motorcity Gator

Another nutjob with his head so far up Trump's ass he cannot see the danger in his comments about mail-in voting and the integrity of the November election and American democracy itself:
    "Barr also has falsely stated that those who vote by mail give up their secret ballot and that the government will know how you voted. That's not true, as every state takes precautions to prevent the government from knowing how voters who vote by mail have cast their ballots.
    One of Barr's mail-in voting claims is particularly preposterous, making it more likely that he's engaged in deliberate obfuscation rather than simply being naïve about the voting process. He claimed it was just "common sense" that foreign nations would try to submit counterfeit ballots by mail in order to sway election outcomes.
    As I have explained, such as scheme would be virtually impossible to pull off without detection. A foreign government would have to reproduce the exact paper and color of ballots, obtain information on the particular races a voter is entitled to vote on, and forge a signature or supply other identifying information"

I have concluded that if Trump somehow wins then there was fraud and cheating and the results will not be official..... at least Trump and Barr are trying to convince me of that.