Untold: Swamp Kings- Netflix

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by SanDiegoKid89, Sep 13, 2023.

1. SanDiegoKid89

SanDiegoKid89 Member

I’m not sure if you all have already talked about this docu-series on Netflix covering the Urban Meyer days at Florida. Being the new guy, I’m not sure if this has been covered yet. I know there’s a Florida fan or two in here so I’m curious if you’ve seen it what you guys thought? For me it was entertaining but also left me with questions and wondering why they didn't investigate more into the wild things going on from 05-10. Left me wanting more. Your thoughts??

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I didn't bother to watch it or the one on Johnny Manziel. From what I read from other posters on ND Boards who watched it they liked it, mainly because it put Urban in a negative light and there is a lot of animosity towards Urban amongst ND fans.

3. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

I do not have a Netflix account and really no desire to watch it anyway.

4. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I don't have Netflix and don't want to watch it. I loved Urban until he left the way he did and stuff I learned later.. These days I don't have much use for him.

5. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Urban was under extreme pressure to win from all fronts but especially from himself. That kind of unrelenting pressure makes you do things at the moment that don't look good in retrospect. The most honest observation in sport is " They don't say how, They say how many." I thought it was an honest portrayal and it took guts for him to open himself up like that after the fact. Probably therapeutical.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1