Trump phone calls

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

You really need to give it a rest, you've become unhinged.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Motorcity Gator

Terry.... did you read the article?

4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

What a difference a Dave makes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

It's not that article in particular, it's you posting seemingly every negative article from CNN/MSNBC and every Trump hating site you visit. You are consumed with your hate for Trump and we here on the Skybox have to put up with your daily screeching on all of that, you seem to think that we here are unaware of these things and that it's your job to attempt to bludgeon us into submission to your point of view. You've even insulted posters like gipper with your assertions.

Nobody who posts here agrees very much with you on a variety of topics. You've crossed over into Gonzo territory.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Motorcity Gator

I didn't "assert" anything about Gipper other than I was sure it was not him yelling out the offending remark etc.
    RE: Trump there are so many articles and comments written negatively about him you only see a small percentage that I post. Obviously Fox News is in his back pocket so you won't see anything on their site.
    I'm the messenger only.... and the messenger usually gets shot... but I agree you guys on this site don't want to see the message.... however threatening it is to our country or public health.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Motorcity Gator

Speaking of public health Fauci and Redfield are testifying right now before a senate committee and here is a quote from the GOP senator heading up the committee:
    "
    Sen. Lamar Alexander, a Tennessee Republican and chair of the committee, said members in the committee room are sitting six feet apart. All witnesses are participating in-person while some senators are participating remotely.

Alexander said masks can be removed when speaking, but he used his opening remarks to urge lawmakers and President Trump to wear mask so that his followers will "follow his lead." He said he has suggested that Trump occasionally wear a mask, even though in most cases it is "not necessary for him to do so."

"Unfortunately this simple life-saving practice has become part of the political debate," Alexander said.

8. Terry O'Keefe

I disagree that you didn't insult gipper, and I think everybody else agrees with me on that...

But it's the fact that you somehow think that the rest of us are unaware of what is going on and that you need to try and make us see the light so you post and post and post ad nauseum from all the Trump hating sites you visit.

I read CNN and MSNBC and other sites, I know what is posted there. I participate on a ND board that is nearly 100% negative on Trump.

So I get plenty perspective of the "other side" of things.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Motorcity Gator

Points well taken Terry.

When Fox News shapes the minds of so many..... and ok not necessarily those minds on this board.... but in the general population as a whole then it's hard to decipher if anyone is getting the entire picture on Trump because they are so protective of him and his reputation. Many times he is accepted so completely by his adulating base it's perplexing that people can accept him so unconditionally if they do really see what the rest of us see. His own hatefulness and divisiveness feeds in to how the rest of us feel about him. To me that's not the qualities of a great leader.

10. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

That is all ********. You see Fox News viewers as robotic automatons. You probably have absolutely no idea what is said on Fox News. I read three newspapers per day, one of which is so liberal it might as well be labeled the Washington Post West. I go to the links that all my lib friends post on Facebook and read their CNN MSNBC stuff. Trump isn't a great uniter...but who the hell is when half this country wants to tear everything apart? Maybe we need some mushy RINO who backs down and gives in to everything the mob wants. Maybe we need a true automaton like Biden who is rushing to the left so fast he's wearing a hole in the drywall in the left side of his basement. You actually make some good points...at least worth debating. But you believe that anybody who believes that Trump has done good things for criminal justice reform, trade, jobs, the economy, and energy and think that the party of Schumer and Pelosi is not the way to go are nothing but empty vessels bowing down in admiration to Trump. Trump is Trump. He ain't gonna change. He ain't gonna back down. I agree with you on the mask thing but backing down isn't in Trump's DNA. You want those hypocrites in the Democratic party to run things? Refusing to even debate Tim Scott's bill on police reform was about as outrageous example of a hypocritical act I have ever seen. You think you are the only one on this board who is worried about COVID? I look at the graphs every day. You wanna blame Trump for a virus that's raged throughout the entire world and confounded every expert virologist and epidemiologist. I see countries that had severe shutdowns and didn't do so well. I see countries that did very little shutdown (Sweden, for instance) and didn't do any worse than anyone else. It's become so political. We're told how poorly we are doing (and I don't like all I see) but Trump worked hard to get the ventilators and testing (that the CDC screwed up) ramped up using private partnerships. He shut down the entire economy costing billions...probably trillions...that's all going to come out of our kids pockets. Maybe it was the right thing to do...I tend to think it was. I am hopeful that regional stepbacks in opening up might keep the thing in control. We started out to "Flatten the Curve"...not wipe out the virus. I am hopeful that the death rate continues to fall despite the rise in cases. We'll have to see. Hospitalizations are up in a few places (Arizona...maybe Texas) but overall the country is so far holding it's own. As a last point it is my belief that other countries (Russia? China?) are actively promoting our divisiveness by posting all the left and right crappy memes and false information on Facebook and Twitter just to keep us riled up. They are laughing their asses off at us. We are suckers.

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Motorcity Gator

"but overall the country is so far holding it's own"
    That's not what is happening at all here in Florida and in many other states and the public health leaders of this country know we have a huge mess of trouble on our hands and that Trump continually tries to down play it and gloss it over. Not to mention that Trump by all accounts has set a bad example for his supporters regarding Covid 19 and in taking proper steps to limit the spread of the virus.
    Florida, Texas and Ca. all are rolling back opening up measures and that is so disheartening when it is happening to you....like it is to me and 21 million other Floridians..... too many of whom have foolishly followed his lead and don't believe the whole pandemic is legit or they think it is some kind of a democratic hoax designed to hurt Trump etc. etc. so what happens is they take no precautions and subsequently spread the virus like wildfire.
    So Trump's preoccupation with getting himself re-elected and his failure to deal with this pandemic head on in an apolitical way has come at a great public health expense and I think it will cost him the election in a big way.

12. Motorcity Gator

Here is a rundown on how we are doing:

The rethinking of how to safely reopen the US comes as 36 states have showed an upward trend in average new daily cases -- an increase of at least 10% -- over the last seven days, as of Tuesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins.
    These states are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
    Two states saw average daily cases decline more than 10% over those seven days: New Jersey and Rhode Island.
    NY, NJ and CT have now banned travelers from 16 states including Florida, Texas and Ca. unless those travelers self-quarantine first for 14 days.

13. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

As usual, you return to default mode and repeat your daily, tedious rant that Trump-world is responsible for the spike and that everyone on this board but you “don’t [sic] want to see the message” since we presumably rely solely on Fox News as the sole source for our news.

How does one respond to your mind-numbing, delusional idiocy? Were you not the one who claimed that the Atlantic was a “right-wing” rag. Since I actually read that magazine, I was happy to correct your ignorance. Were you not the one you posted the sexist trope that Trump’s press secretary was a “bimbo” which you later recanted after I pointed out to you that her undergrad degree from Georgetown and Harvard law degree manifestly surpasses anything you accomplished academically in your life? I probably should also mention your repeated posts in support of DeBlasio’s selective enforcement of Covid regulations versus my argument that his conduct was unconstitutional was then followed up by your admission that you were not fully informed on that issue. I similarly suspect you are not aware of the recent federal district court opinion finding his actions unconstitutional. Might I also mention I interrupted your screed that Trump was tearing up the constitution by firing the NYSD US Attorney by providing you case law and administrative law citations showing he possessed that power?

After being the beneficiary of such erudite tutoring, I thought that you would have been able to figure out that the reading and news gathering habits of others on this board differs from the caricature imbedded in your brain. But I was wrong — it seems safe to assume one would never go broke underestimating your intelligence.

As noted by others, the spike in cases that started in June seems concentrated amongst young people, a demographic that, according to a Harvard poll, is very much anti Trump. NPR noted this fact recently when discussing California cases. So, it seems myopic but typical of you to point at Trump (even considering all of his failings) when the generator for the PRESENT spike is a demographic that dislikes him the most. Why young people are disregarding months of admonitions for the need for masking and social distancing may be related to cabin fever and an abundance of energy or the time honored tradition of young people having a false sense of invulnerability. But, I doubt that the kids packing the bars and beaches or the city streets in demonstrations are doing so based on having a solidarity with Trump.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  14. Bobdawolverweasel

Pathetic response.
    Let’s look at your reply to AJ re Mike on that thread.

Pointing out that Mike is white, resides at the Villages, and drives a golf cart and then immediately writing “BUT OTHERWISE he’s not a white supremacist” suggests that the three attributes listed before the words “BUT OTHERWISE” (white, living in The Villages, and golf) can be fairly considered, when considered in combination, as identifying characteristics of a “white supremacist”.

For example, if I write - “Dave is rude and abrasive but otherwise he is not an asshole“ —any reasonable reader would conclude that I believe rudeness and abrasiveness are indicators of someone being an asshole but perhaps not conclusive proof. I do not think my sentence could be interpreted as a positive endorsement of you.

Closing your sentence with “as obviously was true of the guy in Trump's tweet” reflects your conviction that the “white power” guy was an “obvious” racist but certainly leaves one with the impression that you believe there may be less obvious racists whose identifying attributes were described by you in the first part of your sentence.

When you write— “he's not a white supremacist I wouldn't think” —you employ a double negative. If you remove the two negatives (not) the statement would read, “He’s a racist, I would think”. When you add the negatives back into the sentence, you are still describing the person as racist but using negative modifiers to make a positive affirmation.
    I think he is a racist = I do not think he is not a racist.

I agree with George and Terry comments.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Everybody stay outa the motherland. We're a wreck here. Bars are open, golf is open, Kids baseball is open, and we didnt even make Dave's top 10 list. It sucks here.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAVE MAKES.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Motorcity Gator

GMA just spent the morning talking about the seriousness of the virus with Fauci saying we could hit 100,000 new cases per day in the U.S.
    It is delusional and idiotic of you Bobda to make light of that.
    And the GOP senator of Tennessee was on also saying how Trump needs to set a better example by wearing a mask.... but we have the GOP governor of South Dakota saying idiotically and with obvious delusion that people will celebrate the 4th of July in her state at Mt. Rushmore without social distancing because it is a matter of their liberties to do so.....
    And I have seen with my own eyes in the bars I have ventured in to middle aged white folk sitting next to each other spitting in each other's face as they do their drunk talk visiting so it's not all just young people ignoring safe practices. My wife's best friend is a great example.... she is from rural west Michigan where they are all Trumpers.... is 55 years old.... doesn't think the virus is anything but something dreamed up to get Trump..... and practices no social distancing or mask wearing when she goes out and being single that is quite often.
    But I do agree that the mid 20s crowd is especially careless when they are out in bars and crowds and yes they have been bringing down the average age of people contracting the virus.
    Listen.... not long ago I saw live on TV 6100 people at a Trump rally in Tulsa all crowded together not wearing masks so I assume they were all Trumpers not caring too much about Covid-19 and getting their cue from their careless leader.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Terry O'Keefe

I'm done here, putting Dave on Ignore. I'm tired of him lecturing me and the rest of us on how ignorant we are and how if we'd just stop reading Fox News we'd see the light. I read a lot of sources, just as many as Dave does, but according to him I'm just blind, brainwashed, in denial, etc.

18. Motorcity Gator

I feel the same Terry. I never see what should be disgreement and outrage from you guys about things Trump does that seem so outlandish and irresponsible to me so it leads me to believe you are just in agreement with him.
    So..... you will be ignoring nothing here..... I'm going back in my cave..... you guys have fun.

19. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

While the new cases soar in many states the death rates are going lower. About three weeks ago Dr. Mark Siegal on FOX suggested that the virus , while extremely contagious may be losing its punch.

Trump has not handled himself with much dignity or leadership throughout this crisis. However, early on he suggested that we "have to be careful that the cure is not worse than the disease". He was talking about the economy of course and he is 100% correct. We have not really even started to feel the fallout from this.

Don't forget, he is not an MD and he has to look at the big picture. I can remember Fauci clearly predicting we would have 250,000 covid deaths by July 1. So even the experts can get something of this magnitude wrong in the heat of battle.

20. Bobdawolverweasel

Dave, point to any sentence in my last two posts where I supposedly made light of Fauci’s claim. You will not be able to since your claim is a lie.

What I argued was that the data demonstrates that the recent spike is primarily caused by a demographic group that is anti Trump. The antidotal stories about your wife’s friend and your bar story do not refute that but only further demonstrate your pathological insistence to cling to your orange man bad script as a response to all of complexities of the Covid crisis.

Your silence re my post concerning your deceitful claim re Mike pretty much confirms my assumption that like Trump, you lack the decency to forthrightly own up to your own mistakes