Top 5 NFL rookie classes by school

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

The SEC's contribution to the NFL has been very strong this season and here are ratings by one scribe:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000895522/article/top-five-2017-nfl-rookie-classes-by-school-alabama-no-1?campaign=tw-cf-sf176818669-sf176818669&sf176818669=1

1. Alabama
    2. LSU
    3. Ohio State
    4. Tenn
    5. Florida

Last night I won my fantasy league and I owe it to my shrewd drafting in a late round of Alvin Kamara.... the probable NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Go Vols!! :D

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Not surprising, esp Alabama and LSU, LSU I think has the highest per capita number of players in the NFL. Buckeyes defense has contributed a lot of players to the NFL under Urban. I'm sure Gators looks at that list and wonder how they haven't had better teams, same for Tenn fans.

3. Motorcity Gator

For Tenn and Florida it's a vindication for the firing of 4 coaches between them in the past few years.

I posted a little while back about how Muschamp's 4-8 team back in 2014 actually had 29 current or soon to be NFL players on it.

We have several off of this year's 4-7 team that will be playing on Sundays as well.

For UF it's just been 7 years of offensive futility brought on by bad coaching.

4. Motorcity Gator

You have to wonder though how McElwain might have fared this year if he had the services of Antonio Callaway and Jordan Scarlett and the others in the credit card scam.

Not really his fault.... but missing those guys factored heavily in losses to LSU and Texas A&M and probably Missouri and FSU too.