Tinder box

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by WSU1996kesley, Jun 1, 2020.

1. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

There is plenty of blame to go around.

CNN/MSNBC for four to five years have stoked the flames of racism by their incessant drumbeats of deranged hoaxes against Trump. Their single drumbeat that entire time has been to be against whatever Trump is for and dehumanize him, giving voice to every Tom/Dick/Harry that has a theory to Trump's inner thoughts and compulsions. Every year we find out more about the lies we have been fed from these hateful organizations, and every year individuals that do not bow at the alter of CNN/MSNBC continue to be the target of their target audience. They have painted Trump as a racist using the North Carolina Fine People hoax. They have painted Trump as a Russian asset using the Russian Collusion hoax. They paint Trump as an uncaring sociopath by reading his inner thoughts and intentions, all the while not having to come up with any solutions of their own, nor make any difficult adult decisions with no win scenario available. These efforts have created the most divisive tinderbox ever seen.

Law enforcement has always protected their own, brotherhood above all others. Their jobs are not easy. They mingle with the worst elements of our society. They are required to make snap decisions that will be judged, evaluated, and publicized by a public that includes many who have no ability to evaluate what they are seeing. However, policing those officers that step outside the bounds of acceptable behavior continues to appear insufficient. Bad actors within the organization continue to appear to the public to be protected by their brothers, rather than brought to account. Without public condemnation of those actions, and immediate, definitive punitive actions against despicable actions by those that are charged with protecting us, law enforcement has severely degraded the respect and good will with which they had for years been gifted. Until the brotherhood begins policing their own, all law enforcement members will be tainted with the worst actions of their fellow members. This augmented the bonfire setup.

Chinese Communist Party gifted us with SARS-COV-2, thank you very much. A month or two of lockdown, the uncertainty of faulty data from which reliable analysis became a myth, the expert mistakes that have degraded the trust normally engendered in their advice, the increased stresses and worry associated with uncertainty in general and tied to the above, dumped gas on the pile.

The George Floyd situation has provided the spark which created a wholly predictable conflagration, tying together all three of the above, along with the wildfire publicity possibly of social media outrage. CNN/MSNBC tying this in to Trump's "obvious" inhumanity and racism? yep! Law enforcement unreal delays in arresting the guilty officer? yep! Strict lockdowns still in force (prior to the riots)? yep!

Looters and rioters taking advantage of society's outrage to destroy their fellow citizen's businesses and property? THIS is how you show disgust for the murder of a fellow American? By damaging the property of your fellow American? Not by demonstrating, but by harming the fellow American with whom you may have differing opinions and philosophies and their property? By attacking those fellow Americans that universally agree with you that the George Floyd situation should be condemned? Those that demonstrate peacefully have my complete support. Those that take advantage of the situation to steal, vandalize, attack, endanger I condemn.

Stop the hate. Stop the dehumanizing. Stop the mind reading and attribution of someone's inner thoughts; it is impossible for you to know what they are - HUMANS CANNOT READ MINDS. Even if you think you can see their inner thoughts and why they do things, you are wrong. Even if you think you are smart enough (all the while CNN telling you what those thoughts are) you are not. Even if you think there is only one explanation, you are wrong. Stop being a useful idiot troll.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I agree esp with this Kes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

It's a good post Kes except as usual with all of you guys here you choose to ignore words that come directly from Trump's mouth or his tweets that either lack understanding or compassion or are specifically divisive and politically hateful not to mention words and actions that undermine every American institution.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

As usual you deflect. The point is that these people are doing hateful and horrible damage...and you say "Yeah, but Trump is such a meanie!" When the point is that, right or wrong, the lockdown to the virus is causing horrible job loss, income loss, business loss, and economic damage that we (not Wall Street but the average Joe and even the poor) may NEVER recover from...you say "You guys want to kill people...oh, and that meanie Donald Trump takes hydroxychloroquine!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Shut up you spiteful, dismissive, malcontent, idiotic, magically mind-reading troll.

6. Motorcity Gator

Hey I'm just pointing out the truth..... Trump says it and you accuse me of stating what he has already stated verbally or tweeted. I'll just stand by and watch him continue to crash and burn his political chances....
    No comment from me is really needed.... you will wonder I guess how Trump is taking words right out of my mouth LOL.....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Motorcity Gator

Kes you have to remember..... I'm just the messenger here. GOP senators and governors are turning against Trump and his strongman tyrannical tactics:
    Massachusetts GOP governor rips Trump's 'bitterness, combativeness and self-interest' - CNNPolitics

Trump is getting blistering heat from many circles including many in the GOP including this guy.... who is considered I assume by most far right hard line MAGA conservatives to be traitorous anyway.
    One of America's most prominent conservative columnists wants Republicans to lose in 2020 - CNNPolitics

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  8. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

We had a successfull peaceful protest and march yesterday in Houston, it was lead by George Floyd's family. They are expecting Biden to attend his funeral services as well. I expect those to be peaceful as well.

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

First of all to be a "Republican" and be elected governor of Mass. you have to be a complete tool. I give you Mitt Romney.
    Second, if you had even a hint of a clue you would know that George Will is and always has been a never-Trumper. Leave it to CNN to make a big deal out of a small man.

10. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Perhaps one of you hear

re can help with with the protest demands. Yeah, I've heard all the platitudes of "Justice" and that there's "systemic racism" but just what positive demands of suggestions do they have? Set asides, affirmative action, diversity programs, Equal Rights Amendments, WHAT???? Last year 28 unarmed individuals were shot by police, 9 were black and 19 were white. Oh, an although no one cares over 80 police were killed in the line of duty. So what the F++K is the purpose of these "protests?"

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  11. Motorcity Gator

It just seems crazy to me that extremists are legally allowed to walk the streets of America with assault rifles:
    "The Boogaloos are an emerging incarnation of extremism that seems to defy easy categorization. They are yet another confounding factor in the ongoing effort among local, state and federal officials to puzzle out the political sympathies of the agitators showing up to the mostly peaceful George Floyd rallies who have destroyed property, looted businesses, or -- in the case of the Boogaloos who descended on Minneapolis -- walked around the streets with assault rifles.
    Boogaloo members appear to hold conflicting ideological views with some identifying as anarchists and others rejecting formal titles. Some pockets of the group have espoused white supremacy while others reject it. But they have at least two things in common: an affinity for toting around guns in public and a "boogaloo" rallying cry, which is commonly viewed as code for another US civil war"

12. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Not sure of your point. If it's only that folks shouldn't be walking the streets with what you call "assault rifles" in the middle of a riot I agree...anymore than they should be out walking with bricks or molotov cocktails.

From the same article you quoted;

"While there are pockets of white supremacist Boogaloos, the younger and bigger groups are generally not," she said in a recent Twitter thread. "While there are Boogaloos that support police, the younger and bigger groups detest them. While there are Boogaloos that want to discredit protests angry at the murder of a black man, there are younger Boogaloos that are incensed by the murder and want to join the protests."

13. Motorcity Gator

My point is that given the proliferation of mass shootings in this country with assault rifles it's insane that groups of people of any color are allowed to walk the streets with assault rifles.
    I would love to see a photo of a black man walking the streets with an assault rifle LOL.
    They are probably too protective of their own ass to ever consider such a thing.... legal or not.

14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

15. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

A recent photo taken on the steps of Michigan’s state Capitol.

9B9FCB40-0E2F-4787-94B6-1717BA59C59D.jpeg

16. Motorcity Gator

He even looks black muslim Gipper.... good one! LOL

Pretty damned crazy Bobda..... WTF

That illustrates our huge differences pretty well guys.

You support that then we are polar opposites and will remain so.

17. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Ah Dave you continue to flaunt your ignorance.
    As has been pointed out many times... ALL rifles account for less than 4% of homicides annually, and the number is even less if you cull it down to your moniker of "assault rifle" (which is a made up term). So what exactly is your definition of "proliferation"???
    o_O

18. Motorcity Gator

Scott I guess you could look at that as the curve for the number of incidents of mass shootings with an AR is on a high trajectory. Mass shooting victims are usually randomly selected and it causes great horror when they occur. So people walking around with assault rifles look quite threatening.

19. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Actually, I posted the picture in response to your inane comment that black Americans would not consider carrying weapons around in open public. The post was not done in support of the open carrying of weapons on the state Capitol as you falsely claim my position to be as I think that poses a real treat to our shaky democracy. Rather, it was done to suggest that your perceptions of reality may not match up well with actual reality. If you look at coverage of the New YorK riots, you will see quite of few black owners and black employees were armed to protect their livelihoods. Given the failure of the city to protect its residents, I do support those actions.

20. Motorcity Gator

So Bobda would you agree that store owners carrying guns in public is vastly different than the few blacks who may carry assault rifles on the steps of the capitol? And would you say it's 50/50 whites and blacks brandishing these assault weapons in public..... or maybe in reality probably 90% white vs. 10% black.... if that? Just wondering what your perception of reality is.