Texas Fall Camp.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Longhorns like everybody else are in camp and getting ready for the season.

Big Battle at QB seems to for #2, Garrett Gilbert the 5* who flopped last year seems to have righted the ship and unless he has a bad camp will start the season as #1. However the freshman David Ash has made a big impression and is giving the Sophs McCoy and Wood a battle for #2. There are rumours that he is going to see some duty as a short field punter and maybe in goal line offense. He can punt, and if he starts out under center the defense will be forced to stay in standard base type of defense and making it easier to pooch punt inside the 20.

A lot of people think either Wood or McCoy are going to transfer, esp if Ash beats them out for #2 and with 5* QB Connor Brewer set to enroll this coming Jan the time is short for either or both of those guys to make a move.

On the negative side: Safety Christian Scott was arrested for assault this past week. Apparently his 2000 Cadillac was being repossessed for the 2nd time and he didn't take kindly to it and blocked the path of the car and then grabbed the woman who was repossessing it and dragged her out and threw her to the pavement. He's suspended till he gets through the legal process and then Mack has said he will decide what the next step is. My bet is the kid has played his last down as a Longhorn.

It's going to be an interesting start to the season with the Boise guy as our OCoord. We don't have a diffiicult OOC slate and should win them all, of course UCLA is one of those teams and it's in LA so even though Skippy is on his last leg there UCLA teams have seemed to have Texas number. We'll see.

Most think we will rebound and win at least 8 games this year. I'll be sorely disappointed if we don't win 9.

2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Thank God the kid didn't run his Caddy into a building and leave it!
    :wink:

I know one thing... you're gonna get a horrible beating on Turkey day...
    Mercifully for you guys, it WON'T be on the Longhorn Network.
    :twisted:

3. Terry O'Keefe

No he should have done that, as we all found out that there is no law against running a car into an object like a building!! Who knew. :)

How's Mangan doing these days? :twisted:

Turkey Day? I don't think so, it's payback time baby. :!: :!: :!:

4. Terry O'Keefe

I'm reading that last years starter Garrett Gilbert is slipping and true Freshman David Ash is the guy poised to take his job. Case McCoy also nipping at his heels. Gilbert had a terrible scrimmage Sat night while both Ash and McCoy looked good. Connor Wood seems like the odd man out at this time.

RB Malcolm Brown has had some physical problems and only seen light work so far, while Sr. Fozzy Whittaker has had a great camp. Fozzy was an incredible back in high school here in the Houston area but his career at Texas has been injury prone. It would be huge if Fozzy could stay healthy and reach his potential. It would take a lot of pressure off the true freshman Brown.