Tennessee @ Georgia

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Tennessee Tom, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Tennessee holds the most wins between these two teams but Georgia has had the upper hand in the past few years. Tennessee has to travel to Athens for its second road game.

The big question is: How will the Georgia defense compare to that of Tennessee's last opponent away from the friendly confines of Neyland Stadium?

Georgia’s offense will have to step it up and probably will. It is much easier to get up for Tennessee than it was for Ole Miss. Tennessee will not take Georgia lightly based upon the last two Georgia games. We will be ready. We are 0-1 in the conference. We have to have this win!

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I have to use this topic to rant against the current UGA position in the top 10. They barely beat (at Home) Colorado a really really really bad team who lost to a 1AA team. They barely beat a bad Ole Miss Team. In both games they showed absolutely no offense. Yet they have maintained their position in the top 10.

Notre Dame however was punished for barely beating Ga.Tech at Ga. Tech and dropped in the polls. No doubt the drop after losing to UM was deserved. But Georgia should not be ranked in the top 10, that is just not right, they really and truly are not even a top 15 team right now.

I would not be surprised if UGA gets to 10 in the game vs Tenn. I'm going to give the UGA defense it's props and Tenn will not score a ton of points, but enough to win 20 to 7 or so.

Terry

3. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

This should be Tennessee's year. Georgia has not looked good at all.

Gator Bill

4. Terry O'Keefe

Joe T. pronounced himself ready to go for the Dawgs this weekend.

Tailback what are you hearing about who's the Georgia QB this weekend?

5. Tennessee Tom

Terry,

Georgia needs to do something different. This is the first time in several years that I am liking the way our team is playing going into the Georgia game. It is the worst Georgia has looked in that time frame as well.

I'm not saying that this is going to be a cake walk for Tennessee. Georgia always plays their best when they are an under dog. Being an under dog at home is not a comfortable position for them.

6. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Terry, From what I hear Joe T will be starting. Doesn't matter who starts, this isn't a good football team. I like the Vols.

7. Tennessee Tom

Hey TB, good to hear from you. What is the deal with Joe T. I will admit that I was not looking closely at Georgia until the last few weeks. Was he the starter at the beginning of the year? Was he injured? What's the story?

8. Terry O'Keefe

Yeah I sorta expect that Georgia will give you guys a good effort. But if they are to win, their defense will have to play it's best game of the year , because I don't see them scoring much on your defense. Could be another LSU/Auburn game.

9. GORT

GORT New Member

I'm predicting a vol "W" for this one. Hows everyone been i have been in the motherland for the past couple weeks it was take the leave or loose it so i went home. good to be back though

10. HoustonLarry

HoustonLarry New Member

I'm glad...

<t>It is a night game on ESPN after LSU/Florida, OU/Texas and of course the Irish beating Stanford in the afternoon.</t>

11. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Gort, I don't recall you ever predicting a UT "L" in a big game? You may finally get one right against UGA.

12. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Tom, Joe T is a tough Son of a bitch. Last year I thought he would hand the Gators a loss, and I think he should've if not for our knuckle headed HC. Anyway, Joe T was hurt in the first game of the year If I remember correctly? I expect we'll give you guys a tough game. I did hear today we lost our stud kicker. If that's correct, we're done. He's our whole offense. I think the Vols will prove to be the better team this season. If UGA wins this, I will have to label Fulmer, Richts biotch. I can't see how in the world UT can lose to UGA this season. We're just not very good. I've been wrong lots before so who knows?

P.S . I do have a couple of friends who have called me out on my negativity regarding UGA this season. They've told me to put my money where my mouth is, to the tune of 3 GRAND. I'm clsoe to calling them on that bet. I hate to pull for the Orange, but I would have to. It will be very hard for me because of my dislike for Fulmer.

Back to the game, Your WR's stand out to me as the big difference in this game. They look much stronger and sure handed than ours. I'm looking for 31-20 Vols.

13. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Okay, It's official... Dawgs win. 3 "Large" says so.

14. Terry O'Keefe

Whoa that's some faith...how many points did you get?

15. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Terry, I'm on the Vols laying the points.

16. Tailback

Tailback Guest

So Tom, Have I put an end to your Vols hopes today?

17. Tennessee Tom

Absolutely not TB. I still feel good about this one. Looks like Proctor does as well: :shock:

[​IMG]

18. Tailback

Tailback Guest

If UT doesn't bite on trick plays, I like their chances. Watch for fake punts or onside kicks. Both defenses seem to over pursue. This could be a problem for either team tonight.

19. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Dawgs have come to play, Dawgs win tonight. UGA 10 UT 7 early in the 2nd.

20. Tailback

Tailback Guest

17-7. Dawgs whipping ass. That will teach me!