South Carolina half time show

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Guest, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know how many of you get, or watch, the Jefferson-Pilot broadcasts of SEC games but today offered up a pretty good one.

The game was South Carolina and Alabama. A great game that had to have left Alabama just reeling. They thumped SCAR for 4 quarters but found a way to lose it. It seemed that whenever they got up two scores, they gave up a big play for a TD.. SCAR just kept hanging around.. You have to credit Holtz and the Cocks for hanging in there but this was certainly a case of a game being "lost" rather then won... But anywho...

They showed part of the halftime celebration at the game and SCAR had this skit showing three firemen raising the American flag.. I guess it was their homage to the scene two weeks ago at the WTC. They had these ghastly gun metal grey smoke bombs burning on all sides of the flag poll which listed at a 45 degree angle...

Now, I know that their heart was in the right place. I really don't want to berate them for trying to be patriotic, so please don't take it that way... But the overall production of the thing was really tacky IMHO. I am a guy who is REALLY hard to offend and I found myself feeling that way watching it.. Perhaps it is just "too soon" for me for whatever reason but I thought it was in poor taste.

2. Vol Jeff

Vol Jeff New Member

I watched the game but missed the halftime show. I'm with you though. That sounds a bit cheesy.

It was a very entertaining game to watch though.

3. HoustonLarry

HoustonLarry New Member

Go Lou Go !!!!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Jeff,

I only caught it because I flipped back to it from watching another game.. It was bad.