Slap my ass and call me Cheech

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by IrishCorey, Sep 6, 2019.

1. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

so because I am in between treatments until next Monday, I can't get any Dr's to write my pain scripts. Basically, it's opioid fever run a muck. So, they referred me to a pain clinic which is silly but whatever. They did a urine test on me and I came back positive for THC!!! Well, this is news to me because I'd be in a hell of a lot better mood of I had marijuana (legal or otherwise) than I am at the moment.

It turns out that I bought some CBD gummy worms that help with pain and anxiety from Amazon. Nowhere in their product description does it mention THC or being derived from Cannabis. It reads just like all the other bottles I've been taking. Well, it turns out they sent me a batch not made from Hemp, but rather Cannabis. It all sounds like a good laugh except that the pain Dr almost took me off of all my pain medications because of it.

Needless to say, I'll be writing a scathing amazon review. Something like that could cost someone their job.

2. IrishCorey

oh, please move this to the Back Room. Thanks :)

3. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Good gosh that would suck in a random test at work... I’ve been playing with a CBD green tea blend in the evening, now I wonder what it would test out

• Like Like x 1
  4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I use CBD cream on my left shoulder. But then my employer doesn't drug test! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. RECcane

Personally I feel you have failed the test Terry...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Corey, I am impressed you were able to convince your pain doc that the positive marijuana test result was because of tainted gummy worms. I doubt
    if there are 1000 people in this country who would be able to achieve that feat of advocacy. Pain medicine doctors have probably heard every explanation under the sun from patients regarding a positive drug test so you were dealing with a really skeptical jury.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  7. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Actually doctors for the most part tend to believe patients...I think that contributed to the opioid epidemic as much as the illegal pill mills that were operating. Many docs just plain believed their patients. Even now, with the problems Corey is having, I don't think it's because docs don't believe their patients regarding their pain or use of medications...it's out of fear. How far the pendulum has swung.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Unfortunately any more it all seems to come back to the patient to remedy?

9. IrishCorey

Bobda,

I can be persuasive :)

10. IrishCorey

I think you guys are safe with your cbd products. I'll just be more careful in the future in terms of sticking to brands I know etc.

As for most Dr's, I think Stu is right. The pendulum has swung back so far the other way that Dr's are afraid to write the scripts that patients actually need, which is how I wound up being referred to a pain Dr.
    I don't like the fact that they made me sign an exclusivity contract saying they are entirely in charge of my pain medication. I mean, if my radiation oncologist thinks I should be on a liquid form of a medication due to the radiation treatments, my pain Dr can override that. Either way, I still have to call and get his approval. It's just weird to me.

11. RECcane

It’s a weird time we’re in at the moment. I have an employee who was one of the first 800 in the state of Florida who legally has a prescription to buy and smoke weed. So it’s doctor recommended, sanctioned by the State but if an accident was to happen what do you think the insurance company would say. Nope, we are not covering that... Guy has worked for me over 20 years.

Cool thing is he has always battled his alcohol over the years and since starting this he is a whole new man and rarely drinks. What’s the saying don’t kick a sleeping dog, as he’s integral to our production and gets its done 50 hours a week I’m just kinda ignoring it. It’s truly a different era...

12. IrishCorey

Yes it is. Change is coming. I know when I was at UAB, literally every Dr and nurse bitched about the fact they couldn't prescribe marijuana and 'had' to rely on opioids.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I've been dealing with CBD Also....CORNHUSKER Ballgame Depression

• Like Like x 2
  14. RECcane

I can relate to this...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

On your Pain MD's wanting complete control. Many states, including Texas, now have laws that require you to sign up for a website that tracks these prescriptions (PMPAware). You are supposed to check the website and search the patients name before writing a Rx. They hope to stop the dr. Shopping for Rx where they go to MD's and DDS offices with pain and get Rx from multiple providers. For dentists it's been a known scam where they show up late in the day, have something that could certainly be causing pain and end up with no treatment and a pain RX and an appointment for treatment for which they never show up.

Legitimate pain clinics don't want to be working with you on your pain and then find out you are also getting pain RX from other providers as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. IrishCorey

Yeah that's going to be a road that my oncology team seems to be willing to cross. The pain doc said some things in my meeting with him that directly conflicted with things that were said by my radiation oncologist. I start my first of 30 treatments tomorrow, and the oncology people want the power of the prescription pad back from the pain clinic.