Shot Myself In The Foot!

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Gator Bill, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

:oops:

I've recently been using Web Mail for my mail from Earthlink. Also I get so much spam I started using this is spam, and doing it with a number of messages at once.

So I had a bit of a misunderstanding, to put it mildly, and it was not blocking individuals, but domains.

In the process I blocked my own domain, earthlink.net, so couldn't get any mail that came from earthlink's domain. That only includes myself, my daughter and a number of other folks.

I went to edit what was blocked and discovered I had blocked a few other domains that are legit such as Prodigy, Hotmail.

:( :(

So I just unblocked all of them and am back to square one.

If anyone e-mailed me and I didn't answer that is probably why. Sorry!

I have not wanted to do this before, but I am going to use the feature that allows me to only receive mail from people in my address book. I have been very hesident to do that as I don't want to not get mail from someone that I want to recieve it from. But apparently if it is not in my address bock the mail will go to a folder that I can review and add to my address book if I want to do so.

Any one had any experience with this type of service?

Gator Bill

2. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Bill, you can always get most of the skybox members' e-mails for your contact list. Most are made public here.