Season Ticket Waiting List

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by kp, Mar 9, 2019.

1. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Well I guess I'm just showing my age. I have been on the waiting list for season tickets to Alabama games for about 10 yrs. I got an email from Tide Pride yesterday say that I would have to pay $25 year to stay on the list. I declined. It's pretty amazing to me. Alabama is one of the most profitable programs in the country and they need $25 from me just for the privilege of possibly paying $1000's of dollars someday for endzone tickets. I probably would not have gotten them anyway since going to a game or two every year is enough for me anyway. I guess I'm just a little disappointed.

2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Gotta pay for all those analysts! (just kidding!)

That sucks kp... I guess they are just hitting the market for all they think it will bear.
    Maybe if enough folks do like you... they'll reconsider.

3. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Yeah there is a lot of grumbling right now but don't know if it is enough. Like I said I probably wouldn't get the season tickets anyway but it's just the idea of charging me to be on the waiting!!

4. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Not that this will make you feel any better Kp, but I stopped by our local doctor's off this week (eight physicians) and saw a sign posted that read: Any forms requiring a physician's signature would incur a $20.00 fee. Some things are just getting out of hand!o_O

5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

20$ to sign medical forms? I wonder what Stu thinks about that. It never comes up in a dental practice so I don't know what I'd do, doubt if I'd charge.

I don't know what ND does, I do know that as Alumni that Sid and Gip have to make a donation of 100$ to get into the Alumni lottery for football tickets. I don't know what it takes to get a season ticket.

At Texas there is a "gift" required and it's bigger the better the seats you want, it's as much as $5K, there are a couple of sections where no gift is required but you probably can't see the field! :)
    I don't think we've been selling out on season tickets for awhile so I doubt if there is a fee to be on a waiting list.

6. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Don, yeah your doctor is probably making as much as the University of Alabama football team!:)

7. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Terry, yeah if you want to move up on the list you have to get more "points". (That means contribute more money). Also after you get the tickets, I think there are more contributions required. No one knows how many are on the waiting list but like I said I have been on it for at least 10 years.

8. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Pretty amazing. The money in college sports these days is astounding.

Meanwhile many other schools, Gators included, are having more difficulty selling out all their games.

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Sid might be in a different category but those in classes between 1968 and 2009 have to donate $200 to get into the ticket lottery. Prior to '68 and after 2010 it's $100. As to the doctors forms, I guess that means if you want a handicap permit you have to pay you're doctor to sign the application. That sucks.

10. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I wonder why ND has it structured that way ?

11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

They figure that the newer grads and retired farts need a break. The rest of us are rolling in it.

12. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I think they drop the $ requirement for over 50-year alums, which I am and which Gipper will be after this year's reunion. I haven't changed my donation from what it was before my 50th.