Profound statement

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

On GMA I heard the phrase repeated as reportedly said by FBI terrorism experts that "it's not the bomb...it's the BOMBER!".

Never were truer words spoken.

Why can't we wake up and toss aside our nonsensical PC outlook on the world today and start to focus in on where the true threat is...not that of old caucasian granny's with lipstick and linament oil but of 20ish Muslim males with Gatorade!!!

I'm sorry but the Muslim world has allowed these sick vermin to exist and thrive in their mosques and neighborhoods and now the Muslim world as a whole must pay the price of discrimination when it comes to things like flying and computer interent use.

Anything else is just asinine and I'm pretty sick of the way we go about this with regard to nondisciminatory searches, etc.

2. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

MCG,

I agree in principle with what you wrote. I still think that everyone should be searched and all methods used to keep everyone as safe as possible in the air.

This may be a long shot but we are dealing with extremists. Let's say that you are that granny that you mentioned in your note. You are at a family reunion in a remote rural area. Your whole family is captured and held hostage by these Muslims. You are told that you will smuggle this bottle onto the plane and give it to Mohammed in flight. You are naive and do not realize the implications. You do so and get on the plane due to not being checked because you don’t fit the profile. The plane takes off and 200+ people die.

I totally agree that every person that fits the profile be searched several times. I don’t agree that we should allow passage freely to those that do not fit the profile. I fly quite a bit and I want to be as safe as possible.

3. All-Gator

All-Gator New Member

Search

<t>I have titanium/teflon joints in both shoulders and a knee...along with some bullet fragments. I set off every metal detector known to man and the TSN with no apparant/observable reason. I have been subjected to about every search this side of body cavities. It's gotten old...but what the hell, I just make sure to wear clean underwear. <br/>
    <br/>
    AG</t>

4. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Hey AG, we have something in common. I had both knees replaced (2 years apart) with the Titanium/Teflon full knees. I walk up to the scanner at the airport telling the operator that I will have to be hand wanded. It has become second nature to me.

I even made a fuss once when I went through the scanner and it did not beep. I couldn't imagine how many people got through while carrying something they shouldn't have when it did not pick up those two huge Titanium pieces in both knees.

5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Hey speaking of searches, how long before those terrorists figure out that they can wrap stuff in condoms and shove it ...you know. Drug mules do it all the time.

6. All-Gator

All-Gator New Member

serious

<t>Terry,<br/>
    <br/>
    If you are serious...and these people are...you surgically insert it subcutaneously in the area of a pacemaker. Open the incision in the plane and extract the metal parts...viola...you're in business.<br/>
    <br/>
    AG</t>