Post election events

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by gipper, Jan 15, 2021.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

What a surprise, having destroyed thousands of businesses and tens of thousands of jobs to wreck the "Trump economy" now that the election is over Gov. Cuomo of NY now says it's time to reopen.
    Cuomo Says New York Must Reopen Economy
    Meanwhile in their best Standard Oil imitation big tech companies have conspired to destroy a competitor Parler.The same companies that received protection from Congress because they claimed that they were mere bulletin boards and did not control content have now moved to control content. This pairs up nicely with our national media that has a Constitutional protection because they are supposed to be the watchdog of the people but intentionally suppressed the Hunter Biden story to act as the lapdog of the Democratic Party. Having made a mockery of the First Amendment, look for attacks on the Second Amendment and the Electoral College. All this from the party that claimed Trump was a threat to the Constitution.
    And in the spirit of "bringing us together" meet the Trump Accountability Project which seeks to blacklist those that were in service to our country during the last 4 years.
    Trump Accountability Project: Meet new group seeking to blacklist staff who worked for Trump administration - World News , Firstpost

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

And the Games begin...

NRA files for Bankruptcy....plans to relocate from NY to TX....

:)

3. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Oh...and btw, KMA Cuomo.

4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

5. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

The NRA is just sticking to New York and I don't blame them one bit. Goldman Sachs is seriously considering moving its entire operation from Manhattan to Palm Beach. Stuart Varney on FOX Business showed a totally deserted Time Square at 10:00 Am on a Friday business day yesterday and commented that this is how it has looked for ten months. Cuomo and DeBlasio ( Warner Wilhelm, if you're keeping score at home ) can't stand one another but they have collaborated to destroy the state and City economy. DeBlasio's daughter was filmed fire bombing an NYPD police car this summer and was not even charged.

Like every other state capital, Trenton NJ is arming up for a major insurgency . The interesting dynamic though is that a significant percentage of law enforcement is sympathetic to the protestors and insurgents.

Since January 6 has anyone heard even a single call from anyone to de-fund police?

No matter what, Biden/Harris take office with 50% of the voting populace not recognizing their legitimacy and additional 15% thinking the entire election was rigged but accepting the results.

My fearless prediction for the first weeks of the Biden/Harris presidency? We will see covid numbers miraculously decrease to much lower levels across the fruited plains while vaccines suddenly flow like honey on every street corner as a fawning press hails our new saviors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

No **** about Deblasios kid?

7. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

No ****. My son has a close friend in the NYPD that has the photos. Her old man covered it up quickly.

8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

How pathetic that networks like ABC have to run ads for their Inauguration coverage. I guess if you have folks that won't vote unless you mail them a ballot, you have to advertise the swearing in. Meanwhile how appropriate that the new "leaders" need over 20,000 to protect them from the people. Notice when left rioters destroy cities the left defunds the police. When the right riots, they call in the troops.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

When these assholes invade the U.S. Capitol Building and threaten to kill U.S. lawmakers while they are in session including the Republican Vice President and the incited by the lying Trump mob murder and maim Capitol Hill policemen I somehow find that to be a pretty egregious assault on America and our democracy. I know I'm unusual on this board since you all so approve of anything Trump it appears no matter what he does or says or how untrue it is.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  10. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

We've had mobs in the streets destroying businesses and killing people all summer and all the Democratic assholes want to do is "defund" the police. And after the rioters are arrested Democrats like Harris actually bail out the thugs. Apparently rioters and thugs are the ones pampered by our Democratic politicians until they are the targets. Then they suddenly get religion.

11. Motorcity Gator

I'm willing to bet not one democratic politician in Congress or elsewhere would defend and/or praise looters, arsonists or murderers...... just a hunch.
    The attempt by the right on equalism ( their favorite defense ) on the Capitol Hill rioters is astounding and incomprehensible given the scope of what happened.
    Even Mitch McConnell realizes his legacy will be forever tarnished unless he speaks out against Trump and what went down:
    "Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the mob that attacked the Capitol was "provoked" by President Donald Trump, placing part of the responsibility on him for the deadly riot, as the Senate prepares for an impeachment trial on whether to convict the President for "incitement of insurrection" and potentially disqualify him from holding office in the future.
    The typically tight-lipped Senate Republican leader rarely broke from Trump in his four years as president. But he led the Senate's certification of the presidential election that the rioters pledged to overturn, and has strongly condemned the violence at the Capitol he has served in as a senator for 36 years.
    "The mob was fed lies," McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said on the Senate floor. "They were provoked by the President and other powerful people."

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

New
    "I'm willing to bet not one democratic politician in Congress or elsewhere would defend and/or praise looters, arsonists or murderers...... just a hunch."
    Here's Kamla talking about the summer rioters.
    Kamala Harris: Riots Not Going to Stop, Ever, Everyone Beware: AIR.TV
    "they're not doing to let up AND THEY SHOULDN'T"
    Just a hunch, you watch the main stream media.

13. Motorcity Gator

I guess if you want to equate the word "protests" into looting, mayhem and burning things then you have a point. I doubt seriously that in her mind that is what she meant by "protests".

Colbert:
    And I want to make clear that I know there are protests still happening across the United States. I'm just not seeing the reporting on it that I saw in the first few weeks..."
    Harris: And they're not going to stop. Not going to stop. This is a movement. I'm telling you. They are not going to stop.

Not too many Americans would equate what happened in the Capitol two weeks ago with BLM protests but certainly some have no respect for our democracy and it's sacred institutions I guess because I have seen conservative commentary in different places doing just that..... putting both on equal footing as you are doing here Gipper.

14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

15. Motorcity Gator

Chris Wallace of Fox News said it was the best inaugural speech given by Biden yesterday that he has ever seen.... and he has been watching them since JFK in 1960. So very different and uplifting than the dark and ominous speech given by Trump 4 years ago.

Now this from a Republican who worked in the Bush administration:
    "As a conservative Republican, I am under no illusion that I'll be happy with most of what Joe Biden does as President. A few of his expected executive orders and appointments have already given me great concern that his calls for unity are just words to cover up an unwillingness to say no to the more fringe left elements of his base.
    But as an American, I am glad for today as it showed, ultimately, that our system held. It was strained, particularly in the last few weeks by Donald Trump's disgraceful handling of the post-election period, but we now have a new President, a new Congress and a chance, as we do every two years, to begin anew following a free and fair election.
    There is relative equilibrium in Washington, with a tilt to the Democrats. Despite not controlling anything, though, Republicans do have an important role to play in guiding the country's future. There is an urgent need for both parties to unify over two things: distributing the coronavirus vaccine to as many Americans as possible, as fast as possible, and standing against the scourge of political violence.

These are crucial matters. We can't get back to normal life in America unless we get the vaccine to her people, and our democracy will be further imperiled if we look the other way when anyone -- anyone -- participates in or incites violence as a means to subverting the will of the people. We are all in this together, and that means accepting that our electoral system produces winners... and losers. It is an urgent matter for all Republicans to hear this message: we lost, but we can win again as long as we let go of the conspiracy theories that have driven too many people absolutely bonkers.

I wish President Joe Biden well and pray for his success. And I hope for a Republican Party that becomes a loyal opposition and presents itself as a viable, responsible governing alternative in the coming elections, even as it helps President Biden tackle the clear and present dangers to the American way of life.

16. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I loved it when Biden signed an order to make it a requirement to wear masks on all Federal property, buildings, etc. Then he shows up maskless at the Lincoln Memorial. I'm sure there was a reasonable explanation of why he was violating his own order.

But I do hope Biden can do a lot of good things for the country. I always do for the new President.

17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"But as an American, I am glad for today as it showed, ultimately, that our system held. It was strained, particularly in the last few weeks by Donald Trump's disgraceful handling of the post-election period, but we now have a new President, a new Congress and a chance, as we do every two years, to begin anew following a free and fair election."
    Gee anyone remember the days following the last election with screaming banshees in the streets chanting "not my President."
    The guy quoted above is probably intimidated by the cancel culture of the left demanding that Republicans not have jobs, college degrees, etc.
    Hey remember when Trump banned travel from China in response to the Covid virus and Biden called him hysterical and xenophobic? Well Trump lifted a ban on European travel and good old hypocritical Biden just reversed Trump's order again banning European travel. On the job one day and he's hysterical already.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  18. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Well let's review the first full day of the Biden presidency and how it's "bringing us together."
    First in line has to be the revoking of the Keystone pipeline permit. If you watch the main stream media this is a victory for the climate. Is it? Let's look a little deeper.
    A pipeline moves petroleum from one point to another. In this case it's from the producing wells to refineries and transportation hubs. Pipelines move oil WITHOUT LEAVING A CARBON FOOTPRINT. Does doing away with the pipeline mean the oil won't be produced? Of course not it will just have to be moved using diesel burning trains and trucks. This of course leaves a significant carbon footprint. The result of the permit revocation is the loss of an estimated 11,000 high paying jobs. So if ending the pipeline increases carbon output and economically damages 11,000 families, why would our bringing together president do that. It just so happens that the railroad that will now move the oil is owned by Warren Buffet a large Democratic donor. What could bring us together better than helping a big donor while hurting the families of 11,000 probable Trump voters?
    On to another order. This one undoes Trump's ban on allowing criminal defendants to direct their fines be given to liberal activist causes rather than the Federal Treasury. This has the double effect of not only helping to support liberal causes but inevitably some of that money will be "kickedback" to the Democratic Party in the form of donations. Nothing better than diverting money that rightfully belongs to the Treasury into Democratic coffers. The Justice Department just helps launder the money.
    And lastly, an Obama program of sensitivity training of white government workers has been resurrected after it was ended by a Trump order. Remember how for years we've been told that stereotyping and racial programing was evil? Well now under the guise of "systemic racism" and white privilege" programmers cane stereotype and racially profile white government workers. Many who have to go through this find it humiliating and upsetting. However some company is getting millions to conduct these sessions and as we all know they probably make substantial political contributions.
    So that recaps some of the wonderful healing done by Old Wack Joe his first full day in office.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1