Music II

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by JO'Co, Jan 3, 2015.

1. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Hocus Pocus by Focus

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g4ouPGGLI6Q?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

2. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Carlos Santana and his band at Woodstock: 1969.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AqZceAQSJvc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

3. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

The Easybeats were the first Australian rock band to make a mark around the world. The guitar player's younger brothers later formed their own band...

...AC/DC

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3iW2_Ec3uEU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

8)
    Ah......here we are. This is the band that the Easybeats created. Guitarist George Young had two younger brothers who made their own band. Malcolm Young is on rhythm guitar and Angus Young is on lead guitar with their group: AC/DC.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V5iTQf5PDyY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

5. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:D

AC/DC at River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2009.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3tOKYFR4Rzg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

6. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Friend of mine is a commercial charter pilot and has flown the band members of AC/DC to and fro and has nothing but nice things to say about the band members.

Now on the other hand he flew Dick Vitale all over for years and has nothing nice at all to say about the man. He mentioned he is one of the most arrogant people he has ever met.

7. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

LOL. The AC/DC band members are older than I am. I think they're just selling a bad boy image to angry teenagers, but they're actually just good businessmen. I remember learning this lesson when Jimi Hendrix died. The police found the body of the former Army paratrooper wearing a wig...

8. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

You got a problem with that? :x

:lol:

I never knew Jimi Hendrix was a paratrooper.

9. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:D :D

No problem at all! You old guys were my heroes. We kids used to watch you scream by us in your hotrods and we would say things like, "Wow, there goes the teenagers!"

Here is the famous Dick Cavett interview with Jimi Hendrix in 1969, which I watched live as it happened. Cavett mentions that Hendrix was in the 101st Airborn. You can skip the music and go to the interview at the 5 minute mark.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vp4kR-Gmk3Q?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

10. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Jimi Hendrix was self-taught. Being left-handed, he simply placed the strings upside down on his guitar. Here he is in 1968 playing his classic: Foxey Lady.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_PVjcIO4MT4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

11. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Hendrix All Along The Watchtower is the definitive era song to me. It speaks to me.

JOCO - I've really enjoyed almost all of your music choices, but WITHF does Focus have to do with music? Are you serious? That looked like an SNL skit! I kept expecting Aykroyd and Belushi to come out on stage on knock these clowns on their asses.

12. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Love the Carlos Santana music & video. The drummer was great.

Also love the Jimi Hendrix music.

I was not into drugs, but in retrospect I see how the drug culture fed the music of the 60s, which I loved.

13. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

I love this...it was featured on the season opener of "Justified";

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B5GvAjqaHbQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>

14. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I'll play.
    Not as old as some of the stuff JO'Co has put up, but one I always enjoy...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mj1i_yx5BV0?rel=0&amp;controls=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

15. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

I'll go another route.

This state has some of the most incredible bands. For every 20 great bands, one pops up and becomes big (Alabama Shakes was 2 years ago, St Paul and The Broken Bones seems to be this years up and comer). For every one of them, there's 20 bands who are at least as good, especially in the Shoals or Birmingham. This is one of them. I have no idea how they aren't bigger, but they are on the way up at least. I think they've moved to Nashville because that's where you're supposed to be..In my opinion, you're far more likely to hear a great band at Egan's in Tuscaloosa on a given night than you are in any bar in Nashville...Anyway, this is the Banditos

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KOQLbGICLJI" frameborder="0"></iframe>

16. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Great stuff guys!

re: Focus
    They were an experimental Dutch band and Hocus Pocus was an experimental song. I'm not even sure they could speak English, but Hocus Pocus made them a one-hit wonder.

re: drug culture

Some of these people died way too soon, because of that culture. The original lead singer of AC/DC was Bon Scott who drowned in his own vomit at age 33. Jimi Hendrix drowned in his own vomit at age 27.

re: Eagles

I saw them so many times that I lost count. They were even better in person than on their records.

re: newer stuff

I had never heard of Lucinda Williams or the Banditos, but they're great! Thanks for posting them! Those female singers sound like they have a little Janis going on.

17. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Hotel California, 70s greatness, and a great message that is the empty glitter of Hollywood.

18. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

On a scale of 1-10.......this is a 36.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jvOiCE4sXDs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K7V_KVgpN-0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tejsDMa7IZU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MlncX_-EGh0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0"></iframe>

19. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Is anyone else not receiving these videos? I am just getting the script. ??

20. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:?:

Which ones? I just played all of them. You should see a picture to click on. Are you logged in?