KU and Bill Self in deep trouble.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

NCAA has issued the letter for lack of institutional control and it seems that the FBI has the goods on Bill Self for using shoe companies to aid him in recruiting.

I read one article that said the FBI had a damning text exchange between Coach Self and an Adidas rep discussing sending recruits to KU. From what I read the NCAA doesn't have a smoking gun that says Self personally paid anybody, which seems likely since it was the shoe companies who were doing the paying and directing of players to programs that feature their shoes.

It's been slow to develop that's for sure, and I don't expect this to move very fast from here on out. Just look at how long it took to finish the UNC academic fraud case.

KU charged with lack of institutional control, moreKU charged with lack of institutional control, more

2. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

I guess this is not a complete surprise? Rick Pitino lost his job at Louisville. I doubt that Self will survive at Kansas.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I think Pitino might have been different because besides the payment to a player, which of course he claims he knew nothing about, there was also the sex parties for recruits on top of that payment problem.

Self of course claims he never paid anybody. But that text exchange is pretty clear he knew Adidas was paying kids. But then I think that text exchange is not new information, and KU has so far stood behind Self. But the NCAA level 1 charges against KU, might be the last straw now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Why this kind of stuff continues is beyond me. Self will no doubt get fired and Kansas is in Big trouble and their program will likely e\be long time recovering, if they do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Kansas BB held their Midnight Madness last night featuring Snoop Dog shooting a cannon of money, a laser light show, pole dancers along with a Snoop Dog mascot walking around with a giant fake blunt. I guess Bill Self decided if he is going down, he is going down like Tony Montana.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The NCAA are Colombians?

• Funny Funny x 1