JOCO

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by mrsjoco, Sep 2, 2011.

1. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

I KNOW HE ALWAYS POSTS THE NIGHT BEFORE A GAME BUT THERE IS AN EXTREMELY LARGE FIRE IN THE CAJON PASS. LST I HEARD THE SOUTH BOUND LANES (COMINGHOME) THEY WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL SATURDAY SOME TIME. HE ISNT ANSWERING HIS CELL PHONE -NOT SURPRISING- OTHERWISE I COULD TELL HIM HOW TO GET HOME THRU LAKE ARROWHEAD HOPEFULLY HE WILL FOLLOW TRAFFIC THAT THEY ARE DIVERTING AND HE MAY END UP IN LA OR SAN DIEGO. BUT AT LEAST IT WOULD BE THIS SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN HAVE A FEELING WE WILL BE MOVING SOONER THAN LATER. BUT THOSE GOING TO LAS VEGS ARE DOWN TO 1 OR 2 LANES ALL THE WAY FROM THE BASE OF THE PASS AND COULD CLOSE AT ANYTIME COOL THOUGH THE DC 10 ARE FLYING ABOUT 10 FEET OFF THE GROUND . SO HE SHOULD HAVE SOME GOOD STORIES. HOPEFULLY HE WILL MAKE IT HOME IN TIME FOR THE GAME TOMORROW GO IRISH :

2. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

God be with him and all the other drivers. Di, please keep us posted.

3. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

SID I WAS HOPING HE WOULD GET BORED AND OPEN HIS LAPTOP AND THIS IS WHERE HE GOES FIRST... MAYBE HE WOULD CALL OR SOMETHING .YOU GUYS NOW KNOW HOW "HE" IS WITH DIRECTIONS OH WELL I AMY DRINK THE WINE I CHILLED KNOWING WHAT HE WAS GOING THRU.. AT LEAST HE CANT BLAME ME I AM ON THIS SIDE. OF THE MOUNTAIN. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

4. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: He found his way hey !!! went thru Palm springs but he made it home. it only took him 3 hours extra .......

5. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Hooray for Jo'Co!!!

6. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

8)
    The key thing is not to panic. When I found the freeway closed through Cajon Pass, I filled up the tank and headed back to school where I found the office ladies. Office ladies and custodians know everything. A lifetime of dealing with suits and assistant suits has taught me to avoid their presumed wisdom and deal directly with those who actually fix things and run things...

The office lady called her husband, the truck driver, and handed the phone to me. He quickly gave me a route that circled around the mountain for 50 miles and came out on Hwy 15 South at Mormon Rock in the middle of the Pass. It took three hours, but it worked like a charm and I didn't have to drive all the way down to Palm Springs or San Diego.

It was a really nice drive, with the borate bombers and helicopters flying in low right over our heads...

7. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Had to be tempting to set up a remote base in Palm Springs. I've been there twice and that is a viable option as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry Diane. 8)

8. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

If we could only teach the wisdom of this statement to those in office and others puffed up with self-importance around us we would "all" be on the right path in life....

Glad you made it home safely...

9. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

:wink: Its Ok George. My Dad lives at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage. (He lives on the third hole of the eastern course) He also is partner in a nine hole course in Indio (for retired persons who travel w. motorhomes) So the area is fine by me.. and the shopping is great in Palm Springs El Paseo Dr. better than Beverly Hills .. the homes we are looking at though are in the high desert...... I am just happy he made it home OK and I am very proud of him Since I grew up in So Ca I am used to all the roads. I knew he could also get home thru lake Arrowhead from the desert side. we had a house in the Mountains too.. But he is home safe and sound and in time to have a day of football or should I say weekend. and he got to follow the railroad tracks his favorite thing about the pass :)