JO'Co as a former teacher ..

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Terry O'Keefe, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

does this article surprise you? You went to Damian, this article is more specific to the Harvard-Westlake and Brentwood schools in L.A. But you went to Damian and have had nephews and such recently in Damian. Are you hearing this about all the L.A./Orange County privates?

The Miseducation of America’s Elites | City Journal

2. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

That is scary Terry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I think that private schools should come up with a new business plan that decreases tuition as method to attract more students. Its affordability that has decreased enrollment here in NJ. Put pencil to paper and work out the scenarios. Find out where decreased tuition intersects with increased enrollment. That's the sweet spot. The re-education process is well underway here too. My son was notified that they will be adding courses on gender issues and identities in the school curriculums from K-12. He has already informed them that his sons will not be attending those classes. We are heading down a dark path in public education.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

I'm not aware that this Marxist crap has found it's way into Damien, but I wouldn't be surprised. It's coming out of the colleges and universities here. At the point where I retired, they were changing the way that history is taught. Instead of learning about individual people and ideas, students are being taught about "historical forces and movements." This is how Marxists see history and it's very convenient for them. By abolishing Lincoln, Jefferson, Hamilton and Madison from the texts, they can focus on controlling the "historical forces" which lead to positive outcomes without the inconvenience of debate.
    It's progressive fascism.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And it's in more that just the schools. Apparently the Navy has a list of recommended books for sailors so that they "remain the best trained and educated force in the world." Now on the list is a book "How to be an Antiracist." It of course spouts the left crap that America is a systemically racist country. We ask those in the armed services to fight for their country. How do they expect our brave men and women fight for a country that they are trashing? Controlling this country are a bunch of folks who hate it and want to punish it for some imagined sins. I guess that a majority of voters in this country hate it.