Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Trump says that Florence is just a lie made up by tree hugging environmentalists and other global warming alarmists....

He of course knows way more than the National Weather Service anyway....

LOL

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Is there video of Trump having sex with Florence, if not it never happened.

3. Motorcity Gator

Him and Flo and those showers in Russia is about all that happened.... LOL.

But that's all in some secret dossier somewhere in Putin's safe.... LOL

4. Motorcity Gator

I feel better because Trump says "we're as ready as anybody has ever been" for "the worst hurricane this country has ever seen"......

LOL

5. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Laugh away, Dave.

I hope those folks all come out alright.

6. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Thanks Stu! I see not much has changed!

We're pretty much at ground zero. Sent the family to Charlotte for the duration and I'm off to Dallas for the game.

Expecting up to 40 inches of rain and possible 20 ft storm surge. Fearing the worst, praying for the best. I battened down the hatches as best I could then headed out of town and left it in the hands of our good Lord.

Oh yes....and Go Bucks!

7. Terry O'Keefe

Good move! Go Frogs! :)

8. Terry O'Keefe

As far as being as ready as we have ever been, I hope so. But truthfully after going through Harvey where there was so much help that came to Houston including that Govt and just good people like the Cajun Navy ...it's never enough. There will still be suffering, still be things that somebody didn't think of or that somebody didn't get resources in the exact right play or enough resources...you just can't cover all bases.

9. BuckeyeT

True that TOK... its in Mother Nature's hands now. The nature of the area and the structure of this storm has many grizzled coastal storm veterans in the area very concerned. We're safe, we have insurance.....f' it, Go Bucks!

10. BuckeyeT

True that TOK... its in Mother Nature's hands now. The nature of the area and the structure of this storm has many grizzled coastal storm veterans in the area very concerned. We're safe, we have insurance.....f' it, Go Bucks!

11. Motorcity Gator

Good luck BT... be safe.

We're still having PTSD in Florida here from Irma last year so I understand the angst and worry.

On Trump I just laugh at the hyperbole.... and I'm sure there will be much more of it to come..... so don't worry too much because his administration's response to Florence will be the biggest and best that anyone has ever seen anywhere to the worst storm in recorded history..... :wink:

12. Motorcity Gator

I dunno.. the tolerance for this guy by his supporters never ceases to amaze me.... although his support numbers are dropping:

"The death toll in Puerto Rico was formally raised to 2,975 from 64 following a study conducted by researchers at The George Washington University. CNN's own reporting reflects similar numbers. The university study accounted for Puerto Ricans who died in the days after the storm, as stifling heat suffocated the island.

Much of the US territory was without power for weeks and months. Many elderly and infirm patients were left without medicine and vital treatment because of a severely depleted public health system

There is no scenario in which, as Trump claims, the figures were simply cooked up by Democrats to make him look bad.

"There is no reason to doubt the validity of these studies. This is a scientifically robust effort," Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

"The victims, nor the people of Puerto Rico, deserve to have their pain questioned
    "

13. Motorcity Gator

14. Motorcity Gator

For the record I had a very non-political conversation at the Miami Boat Show back in Feb. of this year..... several months after Maria.... with a boat dealer from Puerto Rico and she described a country still in ruin and with significant areas still without power after all that time.

She said the human suffering was severe and because of the lack of power many businesses had to fold.

It was coming from her heart and to me it shocked me that a U.S. territory was still in a third world state of disaster.

Nothing she told me was "cooked up by the Dems"..... what she told me was what she had personally experienced and was still experiencing along with many in her country.

Disgusting.......

15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The infrastructure especially the power grid in Puerto Rico was total ****. That's why it took a year to restore power to the whole island. That's not the fault of Trump it's the fault of the politicians (Democratic politicians) who did nothing to upgrade their power grid. What nerve these Puerto Rican politicians who criticize FEMA have. FEMA is funded by American taxpayers. Although they are American citizens, Puerto Ricans DO NOT PAY US INCOME TAXES. They have the gall to cry that we didn't do enough? **** em"
    We have Puerto Ricans who have been living for over a year in motels in Orlando on the US government. Every time the government tries to end the program they go running to the courts. They cant support themselves even in a booming economy. It's no surprise to me that some died after the hurricane. They can't take care of themselves without the government changing their diapers.

16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And while we're talking hurricanes, did anyone see that the Wash. Post called Trump "complicit" in hurricane Florence. What a complete and total lie. When they purposely mislead the American public they are the Enemies of the People. Oh and the Post's lying cousin the NY Times published an article criticizing Nikki Haley for spending over 50,000 for drapes in her ambassador's apartment. Trouble is, the expenditure was done by Susan Rice of the John Kerry State Department of the Obama administration. But why let facts get in the way of more fabrication by the Enemies of the People?

17. Motorcity Gator

Yes true.... but the terrible situation in Puerto Rico was nothing to take credit for either.....