Holding Tuition

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Stu Ryckman, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Tuition at all the Privates has been skyrocketing, ND is like 70K now. My niece goes to NYU and it's 70K, A lot of the Ivies have a bunch of tuition assistance to kids who parents earn under a certain amount and some of them attend for free. NYU is tuition free for it's Medical School.

There has also been a increasing trend for small private colleges to go belly up due to lack of operating funds. None of them are ones that many people have even heard of, like St. Joseph's College in Indiana that closed, and Burlington College whose President is Bernie Sanders wife.

Here's a list of all the recent closures. I've virtually never heard of any of them, but never the less they did serve some student population now that will have to find another school.

How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016?

I don't follow this closely so I don't know if Texas or Texas A&M have increased tuition or not over the years since 2012. But it certainly is an issue. I do have more of my young patients who are going to local community colleges or Jr. colleges for their 1st 2 years to save money on tuition.

3. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

I believe that Stephen Finn is a graduate of St. Joseph's.

4. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

With Carson's class, they are the last ones to have a tuition freeze. He'll pay the same tuition for 4 years.