GOP leader - Limbaugh

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

You guys have always discounted my references to Rush as a definitive voice of the GOP by saying that no one listens....he's just a radio guy....etc. etc.. but this CNN poll would beg to differ:

Who has more influence in the Republican Party?
    Rush Limbaugh 82% 51502
    Michael Steele 18% 11370

Me....I think he's the Pelosi of the GOP....an embarassment.

2. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

And he's worried about what you think :wink: Like him or not, he is far and away the #1 media figure around and has been for 20 years.

He does not consider himself a Republican by the way. He is a conservative and, as we found out in the last eight years, there is a huge difference between the two.

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

It's a no brainer, Rush has been on Radio for 20 years, most americans have never heard of Steele.

You don't like Rush, that's fine. The great thing is that you don't have to listen to him. Not to mention Ms Pelosi has tremendous influence on legislation and your future, while Rush has no vote, can't introduce legislation, can't keep it from reaching the floor, has no say on committee assignments, etc.

4. George Krebs

When Rush Limbaugh speaks...

Fox News and CNN each aired Limbaugh's keynote speech to the CPAC Saturday afternoon. It was the biggest draw all weekend on cable news.

• From 4:46pm-6:20pmET Fox News averaged 511,000 A25-54 demo viewers and 2.22M Total Viewers. The network peaked at 6pm with 602,000/2.73M. FNC also produced an hour Sunday night at 9pmET with speech highlights which drew 454,000/1.66M. It was Sunday's most-watched cable news hour.

• CNN added another 222,000 demo viewers and 932,000 Total Viewers for their Limbaugh coverage from 4:47pm - 6:12pm.

MSNBC stayed with their documentary programming which, from 4pm-7pm, averaged 163,000 demo viewers and 374,000 Total Viewers.

5. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

....the biggest difference I can see between the two is that Limbaugh does not lower the average IQ in every room he enters.......

6. Motorcity Gator

I would like to what baggage Rush would have if he ever ran for office.

That would be interesting.....

7. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

And that would be contrary to everything the Dems claim to be about. We have tax cheats getting cabinet positions hand over fist now. We're suppose to be looking past misdeeds and looking onto the quality of the message.

But when Rush says 'These people want to kill the private sector and enslave you all as employees or serfs of the state'

It becomes all about him being a pill popping loser....

BTW, how many consecutive US Presidents have we had now that admitted to smoking weed?

8. BuckeyeT

hmmmmm...good point Corey. That makes three in a row and the sitting Pres has discussed his previous affinity for nose candy as I recall. Phewww.....I think it's safe for me to run for office! :wink:

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

When Rush pisses away 800 billion of US taxpayer money, he'll be in Pelosi's company. Until then, he'll be making millions of Americans laugh by playing sound bites of Democrats making complete asses out of themselves. He does such a good job of it that the great civil libertarian Dems will be trying to pass a "fairness" rule to curtail free speech. Just watch.

10. IrishCorey

Gip,

They've already discussed it on the floor. Just as they 'redefined' earmarks, they have also redefined the Fairness Doctrine. I'm just telling ya now that if that goes up, I go ballistic and start organizing efforts.

That's my line in the sand.

11. Motorcity Gator

Believe it or not ....me too.

That would be outrageous and unacceptable.

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

From what I understand, and this is stunning, Debbie Stabenow (Dem. MI) is at the forefront of "fairness legislation." Of course the fact that her husband (the guy who got caught with the young prostitute) was an executive in Air America probably has nothing to do with it. Seems our inert blob of a Senator who's sole role up to this point was sitting besides Hilary during the SOTU speeches (to make her look thinner) has finally gotten off her large ass and sponsored some legislation.
    Gosh, I'm missing all those corrupt Republican posts.

13. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Active Member

[​IMG]

When your lip comes out and touches your chin,
    I don't know what I did but I'll do it again.
    I say Lordy, Lordy.

14. IrishCorey

The guys in my office have now taken to listening to "El Rushbo' every day. He's handing a flat out beating to Obama.

The White House made a serious miscalculation in taking on the media. W's office did it as well. It is a war you can't win.

According to this article, it appears that the White House wants this fight...

You'd think they have better things to do than try to pick partisan fights, but they got one now and they're going to lose.

15. BuckeyeT

They are calling out Limbaugh, they called out Santelli of CNBC and they called out Jim Cramer as well.....to what end? Do they really not have better things to occupy themselves? The rhetoric from these pundits has not come remotely close to the vile, despicable and many personal things that were tossed at Bush and often exceeded the bounds of good taste and decent behavior......it's amateur hour.

16. IrishCorey

El Rushbo has now challenged Obama to an on-air debate. He's offered to fly the President down and put him up in a 5-star hotel... paying for all of it to save the tax payers money.

Obama has officially lost.

There's no win from this point on. Rush called his bluff.

17. George Krebs

Obama is a rank amateur in all ways; little political capital, no executive experience.

Limbaugh has made he and his minions look like complete fools. Now Putin kicked his ass in his first foray into international politics.

18. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear now that what we see is the usual Democratic tactic. They pick out a Republican and demonize him. They then "run" against him. Back in the 90's every Democrat was running against Newt Gingrich. In the past 4 years every Dem. (no matter what the office) ran against Bush. Now after doing some polling (and after all that's all that they ever do.) they've determined that Limbaugh is the perfect next target. One problem, he isn't a politician. No problem, just get the media to run a poll and make him "considered" the Republican leader.

This will work because the same sheep who constantly whine about the "last 8 years" will pick this up in a heartbeat. Look who started this thread. QED.

Once again these clowns are still running, still playing politics. How about coming up with some plans to get the economy back on track.

19. Motorcity Gator

What I thought all along.....

Run along....nothing to see here... :lol:

20. Motorcity Gator

Grim assessment by a GOP kinda guy:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/04/rollins.republicans/index.html

"The idiotic debate raging in Washington this week around Michael Steele, the newly elected chairman of the nearly defunct Republican Party, and Rush Limbaugh, a conservative icon for the past 35 years, is beyond foolish.

The battle to be the "de facto leader" of this party is akin to the question of who wants to steer the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. Who represents the party or its values is not relevant when only 26 percent of voters have a positive impression of the party at all and only 7 percent very positive, according to the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey.

The Democratic Party is the reverse, with 49 percent positive. When 60 percent of the country approves of the job President Obama is doing, every Republican leader is going backward.

Republicans are not relevant. We just lost two back-to-back elections (2006 and 2008), and obviously, what we are selling, the voters aren't buying. In the midst of the most severe economic crisis in my lifetime, we have a president who is taking the country on a dramatic sea change. This is what he said he would do and he is doing it. And where are Republicans? Right now we don't have the alternative ideas, a message or, more important, the messenger."