Gators are 5th in Ceasar's CFB championship odds

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

UF is behind Clemson, Ohio State, Bama, and Georgia in betting odds to win the NC this year.
    One reason is the schedule.... which CBS Sports ranks as the easiest in the SEC out of 14 teams this season.... a ranking with which I agree.
    Tricky trips to Ole Miss and Tenn are the hardest road games with Georgia being the only game in which UF could be the underdog.
    Uncharacteristic for Florida to have an easy ranked schedule so I hope they can do something with it.
    Nice to read about actual college football news.... especially when the Gators are finally back into the national discussion:
    Urban Meyer picks UF to make playoff, calls Kyle Trask a top-5 preseason QB
    All this however sets up Florida to be the year's biggest flop.... and there is always at least one team that majorly disappoints every season. Just hoping it's not the Gators. 8-4 with all of these lofty predictions would be just that and two road losses at Ole Miss and Tenn plus losses to LSU andGa would just about do it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

At some point if we want to get into playoff contention we have to beat Georgia. Here's hoping this is the season we turn that around.

3. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

The only scenario in which UF could get into the playoffs with a loss to Georgia is if the dawgs lose at Bama and somewhere else... maybe Auburn.... and then the Gators win all the rest and go 12-1 as SEC Champs.... beating a Bama etc. in Atlanta.
    I would say beating Georgia is the best route for sure..... and I'm not convinced their new Qb Newman will be great shakes vs. SEC defenses.