Florida on the precipice

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by gipper, Nov 7, 2018.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was a disappointment to Dave that Fidel Gillum did not get to ruin the economy of Florida. The fact that he came so close to winning is terrifying to those who move here because of its tax policies. On a higher note, I'm sure Dave is overjoyed that Rick Scott is probably his new senator.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Each candidate winning Gipper like so many Republicans have done recently..... by the skinniest of margins meaning that half of the state hates their ass and if not for the Swamp vote they would be screwed.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/florida/senate/

30,000 measly votes out of 8 million?

And yet Scott will act like those 4 million who opposed him don't exist and pander to those who did.... from every rural county in Florida.

Man that's messed up.....

3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I don't know why Dave stays in Florida. You need to move to New Jersey where you can experience the highest taxes, insurances, tolls, and overall cost of living but you will live in the bluest of states. They even tax you when you leave this state.

4. Motorcity Gator

George I stay here instead where my Trump lovin GOP consevrvative boss hasn't given me a raise or any other additional bennies in the 9.5 years I have been here even though I have been a great asset to the compny and brought him a ton of business over the years.

It kind of makes you a little bitter and a whole lot skeptical that big corporations enjoying big tax breaks etc. are going to trickle such good fortune down your way.

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give a raise to someone who worked for 9.5 years without any improvement and stayed. Those kine of Democrats are hard to come by.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Motorcity Gator

Well Gipper when you're 64 and already living where you want to retire they have you by the balls.

If I was 20 years younger and more mobile I would be improved or long gone.

7. Motorcity Gator

8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Here we go again. Votes keep showing up from Broward and Palm Beach county days after the election. Supposedly the absentee and mail in ballots had not been counted earlier. By law they were supposed to be counted and announced a half hour after the polls close. These are the same 2 counties that Gore wanted recounted in 2000. The elections in these counties are run by Democrats. Keep in mind that counties in the panhandle that were ravaged by powerful hurricane just weeks ago were able to get there results done within hours of the polls closing. If Democrats can't even count votes competently, how do they expect to run the state? And why is the same person in charge of elections there that was so inept in 2000?

9. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Well Sen Nelson finally agreed that no amount of cheating by his operatives in Broward and Palm Beach County will give him the win and conceded.

I see the Georgia Gov race was declared and the lady who lost is not happy she thinks she was cheated.

10. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JOBU calls it quits...

Maybe Florida won’t be embarrassed “againâ€￾ on the next voting cycle with the retirement of the Broward County election chief...But I doubt it..

11. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

I can't and won't speak toward the situation in Florida.

However, the election in Georgia was absolute ********. The Lt Governor in charge of the elections had been trying to eliminate the black vote LONG before the election. I believe he lost two different court cases leading up to the election. Then Georgia came out with that silly 'signature match' ruling which is subjective as all hell. She stepped down when she lost the recount, I don't know how much more you'd want from her. Georgia has seen a return to cross and swastika burning, voter intimidation and downright exclusion based on race. The white guy still might have won, marginally, because Georgia is filled with backwater racists. That doesn't mean the candidate who lost should be mocked for making very valid claims against the Lt Governor. I mean, he's in charge of the election and before recounts and improprieties could come to light, he began shutting down the election and declaring himself the winner.

I don't know what is wrong with Florida. I thought the recounts were automatically triggered by law? I know Broward County is a *********** that still didn't get their votes turned in on time. That's really all I know about the subject. Georgia, however, is a different animal.

12. RECcane

I can’t even pretend to say I know anything at what went on in Georgia, I will humbly just listen in what may have happened and figure it will come out eventually, it always does but normally way too late to matter.

Per Florida, again, really!! Oh and let me guess it’s Broward County bringing down the average IQ for we can’t figure it out...It just gets old and is expected at this point which is pretty sad for all voters

13. Motorcity Gator

Scott won by 12,000 votes out of 8 million.

What a mandate for the criminal and a voter directive to say to the other 4 million who hate his guts that they're screwed.

More ill-gotten wealth for this asshole forthcoming at the expense of Florida citizens however rural they may be.

In Georgia..... did you see that Brian Kemp redneck/white supremacist ad that he put on TV?

It was preposterous.... unbelievable blatant pandering to the redneck rural white racist voting base.

14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Scott was reelected as governor and then sent to the Senate by the voters in Fla. even though every time he ran the opposition ran the same "he's rich and making more money" ads. That seems to be important to some folks. Meanwhile others appreciated the job he did as governor bringing business into the state and responding to disasters such as hurricanes. He beat a long sitting Democratic senator who didn't seem to lift a finger much for Florida. In fact, the only thing it looked like he lifted was his face.

15. RECcane

On an entirely different note I have had to contact both Senator Nelson’s office and Rubios office about items concerning our business several times. Both were efficient in answering my first request and whatever staffers in both offices did a nice job at their response. I got as far a a senatorial inquiry with the Rubio office only to feel jilted at the altar as time went on.

End result being there really is not much difference from either party when requesting assistance and unless your issue has potential future monetary revenue for them or is a hot potato topic it’s a total waste of time and effort.

Forgive me if I’m a tad jaded with the whole system all together. As for Scott he is far from angelic and probably full of **** on most occasions but he did a fair job running our state from a non political viewpoint and managed the budget effectively.

16. George Krebs

Let's face it. Our electoral process is totally compromised. Without voter ID there is no integrity to the process. Every election we hear the same horror stories.... misplaced votes, dead people voting, pushing one button and the vote is cast for the opponent.

My feeling is that if you cannot manage to get a verifiable, legitimate voter ID card, then you are probably too stupid to vote anyway.

This has become like El Salvador or Ghana.

17. George Krebs

Let's face it. Our electoral process is totally compromised. Without voter ID there is no integrity to the process. Every election we hear the same horror stories.... misplaced votes, dead people voting, pushing one button and the vote is cast for the opponent.

My feeling is that if you cannot manage to get a verifiable, legitimate voter ID card, then you are probably too stupid to vote anyway.

This has become like El Salvador or Ghana.

18. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Not knocking George's idea. I have a serious question. How long does it take to get a state issued ID in your state? It takes a full 6 weeks here in Alabama, which means all voter registration must be completed before the 6 week mark in order to get a valid voter ID.

Then we get back to the human factor. Poll workers claiming that signatures or pictures don't match. Someone gets a hair cut, so his ballot gets cast out. I don't want George to think I am knocking his idea, because I'm not. I just can't find a way to totally remove the human element from the voting process. Fully mechanized with a thumb print reader seems like it would do it, but as we've seen, the more mechanical the more room for error that is hard to catch.

19. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

It takes about 2 weeks to get a DL or ID here in Texas.

But nothing says you have to wait till the last minute to do it.

20. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

What I don’t understand, idiot that I apparently am, is who the hell doesn’t have ID. And if they don’t, why should they be voting? You can’t check into a fricking hotel without photo ID. I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

I do get the street address vs post office thing that affects some Indians and probably some others. That should be addressed and fixed.