Erick Locke Strikes BacK

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Guest, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Here's another donnybroke in the making.

<b>

Richard "Juicy" Locke, father of receiver Eric Locke, told newspaper reporters that he sent a letter to the NCAA on Monday accusing coach Phillip Fulmer of having an improper meeting with him about his son's transfer from Alabama.

</b>

Of course Fulmer suspended his little darling for stealing a ATM card and abusing it to the tune of 2400$, but that has nothing to do with this...right.

Tenn Accused

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

You know
    We've always been critical of the lack of serious discipline dished out at some schools to bad actors on their football teams. Now maybe it makes sense. They're afraid to put down the hammer. The kids may tell how they really ended deciding to go to ole Pigskin U.

[This message has been edited by gipper (edited 09-20-2001).]

3. Vol Jeff

Vol Jeff New Member

Terry,

I was scared when Tenn took Locke as a transfer from Bama. His father has stirred up trouble everywhere he's been starting at two different high schools, at Bama and now at Tenn. Most think he's just one of those fathers that tried living thru their sons and is basically a blow bag but people like that can cause trouble along the way.

People need to keep in mind though that he's made odd accusations in the past. He actually accused Fulmer of calling plays to intentionally make his son look bad to hurt his chances at playing in the NFL. In short, he's a nut.

Common sense tells me if Fulmer did these things then he wouldn't have kicked Locke off the team with the chance of all of it coming out.

[This message has been edited by Vol Jeff (edited 09-19-2001).]

4. Vol Jeff

Vol Jeff New Member

In another link to the story I read where Juicy sent a copy of this letter to several people including Jesse "Love Child" Jackson.
    I'd love to see ole Jesse try pull some his his shenanigens in Knoxville.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

After watching the Alabama/Tennessee fiasco, I find this story rather funny.. Not that I think it's true but then again I never thought someone would pay over 100k for an athlete unless he was capable of winning 3 Heisman trophy's and 4 NCs..

But anywho... what I find funny in the McCoy v Clampett rivalry that is Alabama/Tennessee was the stance by many Tennessee fans that 'If someone had the goods on us and got kicked off (i.e. Locke) why hasn't he come forward??!?

All the while the UT folks just poured it on those Bama fans about their date with the NCAA Widowmaker..

Well now someone finally did come out and say it (as those online SUPERparanoid Bama fans predicted), and I think most people will simply write him off as a nut...

Thus driving those Alabama fans even more crazy [​IMG]

6. Vol Jeff

Vol Jeff New Member

In this case, I imagine most Bama fans agree that Juicy is a nut and they are glad he's gone from the Bama fold.

In talking with a friend of mine in the UTAD, non one is worried whatsoever about these allegations so I'm not going to be either.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

This heart warming story of fatherly love and dedication reminds me of R. Jay Soward and his daddy. USC is ashamed they ever recruited the kid, who also played at different high schools with his daddy calling his own 'news conferences'.

If I were Tennessee, I'd just cut the kid and his daddy right now. Tennessee or Alabama don't even need these clowns.

...JO'Co

8. wzt

wzt New Member

That's funny, I just saw something on Soward in a column in the Gainesville Sun . . .

----------------------------------------
    Just when we need a laugh, we have Jacksonville receiver R. Jay Soward.

It's sad, for sure, that the underachieving Soward is in trouble again after being arrested this summer for being under the influence of "something other than alcohol." Maybe it was stickum.

But the funny part is that Soward threatened a security officer at University Studios' CityWalk bar. With a plastic hotel room key.

I'm sorry, but the vision of Soward brandishing his key with his jeans pulled down around his thighs with his boxer shorts exposed makes me chuckle.

"Don't come near me. This thing has an edge. OK, it's a rounded edge, but I'll cut you."

Methinks Tom Coughlin is regretting the day he drafted Soward.
    ------------------------------------------

Looks like USC and Jacksonville have similar hindsight.

9. Vol Jeff

Vol Jeff New Member

Jo Co,

Tenn did throw Locke off the team after he stole $2400 using a teammate's credit card.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

...excellente!

This restores my faith in Fulmer, whom I think is a pretty darn good coach...despite what Cindy McCord says...

...JO'Co

11. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

... she's off Fulmer and onto Randy Sanders. Sanders keeps painting a big target on his own back! [​IMG]

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    Go Vols! '98 National Champions!!!<B>
    It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!</B>
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com