EPA Employees ‘Coming to Work in Tears’ Because of Trump Win

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by RECcane, Jan 26, 2017.

1. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

If you have never been thru a EPA audit your missing something.....Oh the joy!!!

http://freebeacon.com/politics/epa-employees-coming-work-tears-trump-win/

Environmental Protection Agency employees have not accepted Donald Trump’s victory and are still “coming to work in tears” more than two months after the election.

“At EPA headquarters, the mood remains dark,” ProPublica reported Wednesday. “A longtime career communications employee said in a phone interview Tuesday that more than a few friends were ‘coming to work in tears’ each morning as they grappled with balancing the practical need to keep their jobs with their concerns for the issues they work on.”

Trump’s victory has been tough for bureaucrats. The State Department held stress workshops after the election so they would not “become paralyzed by fear.” EPA employees were caught crying before, just after the election, as were White House aides. Energy Department employees were granted counseling. Sobbing staffers greeted Hillary Clinton on Capitol Hill a month after her loss.

EPA employees are upset that the new president will take a different approach than the Obama administration. ProPublica called Trump’s nomination of Scott Pruitt, the Oklahoma attorney general who has sued the EPA over its climate change regulations, to lead the agency “dramatic.”

The Trump administration froze all EPA grants and contracts to make sure new grants are in line with the new administration’s objectives. They also asked for the schedule of all planned meetings and presentations by the agency through mid-February.

Doug Ericksen, the EPA’s communications director for the transition, told National Public Radio that “we’ll take a look at what’s happening so that the voice coming from the EPA is one that’s going to reflect the new administration.”

Employees are also scared that the climate change part of the EPA’s website will be removed.

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

These are the people who when there is a major snowstorm in DC stay home because they are "non essential." They propagate countless rules some of which greatly impact industries such as auto and coal. They care more for things such as the snail darter than the do about people. For the most part they're infantile leftists who are mostly worthless.

3. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Believe it or not my moderate side agrees that there is some waste in Washington that I'm glad to see Trump tackle head on.

You just have to be careful that you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I haven't been to China but I know a couple of people who have been there on business extensively and they say it's a toxic environment.

I lived in the Great Lakes area going back to 1978 and I witnessed a very dramatic and wonderful change in the quality of the receational water use there due to pollution control changes.

4. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Heh heh...tell that to Toledo...

But they're working on it (I think).

5. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I will agree with Dave on the water quality improvement due to some well aimed EPA regulations.

I remember when the Maumee River through Toledo would catch on fire and Lake Erie was rancid and stunk.

6. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

But George.... what concerns me is that Trump really doesn't seem to care about the good things that have been done that all Americans have benefitted from. He's like a machete wielding madman in a jungle of tall reeds.... no reeds are protected.

7. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

He's cutting a trail, not cutting everything down. The reeds grew out of control, and nobody could see America anymore.

8. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:idea: :arrow:

If you live at the beach here in CA you can't paint your house or plant a flower without permission from the California Coastal Commission and the EPA...