Dodgers file for bankruptcy.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Not suprising, but still unbelieveable for one of baseballs institutions to be so poorly managed that it has come to this..

Maybe Jim can buy them for a song and restore them to their rightful place in baseball! :)

2. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:!:
    Don't get me started. I'm pissed off to beat the band and if I get rolling, I'll post rants about this every day. That bastard McCourt can't win, so I can't even imagine why he did this. He doesn't have any leverage. He thinks he was clever by dividing the Dodgers into different corporations: the team; the stadium; the parking lots etc. His idea was that if he's forced to sell the team, the Dodgers would have to pay him rent. Bud Selig can sell the team out from under him; Mayor Villaragossa can use imminent domain to take back the parking lots which the city once gave to the Dodgers as part of the incentive package for moving here; and investors have been standing in line to build a new downtown stadium for years to replace the Coliseum and this situation now makes that an imperitive.

He has nothing. That's our offer. This isn't Boston.

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I think it's a move to keep control of the team. The Fed. Ct. now has jurisdiction over the Dodgers and it may keep MLBB from taking over the team.

4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:roll:
    Among the creditors that McCourt is seeking protection from are:

1. The kids he just drafted.
    2. The current players.
    3. Former washouts Manny Ramirez and Andruw Jones.
    4. Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully.
    5. The City of Los Angeles.

He was taking advantage of our 84-year-old broadcaster, while his wife was stealing money from the cancer charity? What in God's name did we ever do to deserve a scumbag like that for an owner?

5. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

6. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

That's cruel, but funny.

7. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

LOL! What did we do for daily humor before the internet?

The Dodgers sure are affected by McCourt's antics. Last night they laid a 15-0 shutout on the Twins. Here's an interesting milestone for dem Bums:

8. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

:cry: the newest craze the dodger shirt and instead of Dodgers it has FRANKRUPT some guy made them up put a trademark on it and is selling them online

9. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Instead of sending Dee Gordon to Albuquerque, why not send him to Milwaukee for Carlos Gomez and a bag of cheese curds....

10. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

I don't even want to think about the players we're going to lose in the next three weeks. The trade deadline is August 1 and I wouldn't be surprised by anything those punks do at this point. Dee Gordon, as you know, is the most exciting young player that Dodger Dogs have seen since Maury Wills. There's no such thing as a routine ground ball with that kid running.

Maybe this is all a bad dream. I'll wake up, back in my own bed and the O'Malleys will be running my Dodgers to another World Series...

:cry:

11. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

:lol: yesterday outside the stadium thousands were on the street entering Dodger stadium waving their tickets asking others to boycott the game a few signs asked frank for a divocre just like Jamie. others asked him to leave town it was great I am sure if Joco knew about it he would have been there to

12. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Latest developments: Judge in Delaware court strikes down McCourt's financing plan and requires Dodgers to accept MLB's unsecured financing. Here's the story:

Dodgers Must Accept MLB Financing

13. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

:wink: thank the judge for taking the Dodger fans into consideration now to get rid from Frank and his posse so we can play some ball.... and go back to the stadium

14. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

If the judge hadn't made that ruling, the Dodgers would have been in debt more than $900 million! As it is, McCourt has already sold the ticket rights. The first $32 million in ticket sales are automatically given to one of the crooks he owes money to. Who would want to buy a franchise that owes more than it's worth? If the judge had allowed him to sell the broadcast rights, the team would have been worthless...

:(

15. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Dodgers trade away Trayvon Robinson to Boston for three tomata cans who play for cheap. GM Colletti claims that they "will add depth to the minor league system." Field Manager Mattingly is "shocked" to discover that Robinson, whom he used to coach, has been traded after he reads it in the LA Times...

Furcal to St. Louis for a tomata can, plus cash. We need the cash...

One more year until Kemp and Ethier can escape too...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k26nt3Y4cmg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k26nt3Y4cmg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

16. GORT

GORT New Member

L.A. can't keep a team can they?

17. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Nope, and every time it's the same reason: poor ownership. The Rams and the Dodgers were the two greatest cash cows in sports history, until new owners came in and looted the franchises. For those too young to remember the Rams situation, it went like this:
    - Rams owner "trades teams" with Baltimore Colts owner Carroll Rosenbloom.
    http://www.pressboxonline.com/story.cfm?id=3089

- Rosenbloom marries socialite/entertainer/Mafia doll Georgia Frontiere
    http://www.infoplease.com/biography/georgia-frontiere.html

- Carroll Rosenbloom mysteriously drowns in suspected murder.
    - Georgia Frontiere fires Rosenbloom's son and moves the team to her hometown of St. Louis, MO.
    - St. Louis pays Frontiere more than $30 million for the heist.

Something like that is going on right now with the Dodgers, except that I think the McCourts are not as honest or clever as the Frontiere family...

18. George Krebs

Off topic. Doc, What is it like rooting for a team that has designated itself as a Phillies farm team? Does anybody go to an Astros game anymore?

19. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I watched part of the Reds @ Houston last night. There were a lot of fans disguised as empty seats.

20. George Krebs

It's funny how things work. The Yankees just let the trade deadline pass without even attempting a move. Now ESPN and all the talking heads are calling them the biggest losers. They are 22 games over .500 !

When they make trades or sign FAs they are called the Evil Empire. You just can't win with ESPN.