Digital ID should scare you...

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Scott88, Jul 14, 2024.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

This is NOT good stuff...

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

That young lady in all of her work has shown an extraordinary imagination. My admittedly limited imagination prevents me from being a very effective conspiracy theory guy. Show me the facts, a credible motive and a plausible pathway and I'm on board, otherwise I'm back to square one....show me the facts. It does make one think tho and that's always a good thing

3. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Oh I wasn't condoning her theories, just wanted to point out that digital ID is going to be VERY invasive, even with the best of limitations.
    I can't credit the "elites" with being quite that in sync to pull off what she is suggesting...
    BUT... we've already had plenty of evidence of govt surveillance, so to think making it this easy is a temptation they can resist is putting your head in the sand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Roger that...I'm with ya there. I always giggle at the extensive governmental efforts in the EU and US to "protect" our personal data - which in many respects I support, at least give me discretion - from those greedy private sector companies that seek to use it for gain and influence whist at the same time crafting avenues by which they can do the same on an even grander scale to "protect" us. Pretty sure I don't want the fox guarding the hen house either!

• Agree Agree x 1