College Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Bobdawolverweasel, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

M was rated #5 in the country and outscored ASU and WI 18-4 in our first 4 games. Our roster is loaded with talent. Our conference brothers from South Bend were winless having dropped 2 games to the Badgers. So in keeping with the spirit of 2020 I guess I should not have been shocked that the Irish would visit AA this weekend and sweep us in a 2 game series. :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Count me as surprised that given what I read about the Irish v Wisconsin that they could go on the road and sweep Michigan.

3. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Jackson coached teams play hockey like Virginia plays basketball and turn a fast, beautiful sport into a defensive quicksand quagmire. Our high flying offense ended up stuck on the runway both games.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Terry O'Keefe

I see that the USA beat Canada and Finland in the World Jr.'s. Apparently the US Team is very well coached, one ND poster wished for him to come to ND when Jeff Jackson retires.

This is the best coached U.S. WJC team I've seen in many, many years. If you admire Dave Starman broadcasts like I do, you quickly realize what Leaman is achieving: 20 skaters exhibiting poise and confidence shift after shift, conspicuous cohesion, remarkable discipline. This U.S. team has outscored the opposition 20-0 over the last seven periods. It's astounding. Canada and its 19 1st rounders will probably win the tourney, but the U.S. under Leaman won't go down quietly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Minnesota Duluth could be the 1st team since Bobda's Wolverines to win 3 straight Frozen Fours.
    They must have a heck of a coach and a pipeline to Canada!

6. Terry O'Keefe

Dang for a team that finished a distant 3rd in the Big 10, Michigan certainly had some great players and even more great players that were on the way. Based on the NHL Draft.

• Agree Agree x 1