cartoons

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by whobedis, Feb 3, 2006.

1. whobedis

whobedis New Member

:roll: Muslims ticked off about prophet being insulted: now I only saw one of these cartoons and it was a poor rendition.....has anyone seen the actual ones?....I mean the guy in the turban was there an arrow pointing to him saying this guy is Mo the P or what? If there was well maybe not in the best of taste....but without even gitting into 911, maybe they ought to look into how the Church of the Nativity was treated when their fellow muslims held up in there for awhile.

Washinton Post cartoon, bad taste and if the point they were trying to make about the current administration's use of sematntics in what was a war casulity and what was a death due to other causes just too esoteric.

Now how many here remember a few years ago the heat Johnny Hart took heat for his Easter B.C. comic strip....menorrah morphing into a cross?

The thing is the later two didn't cause rioting inthe streets. Hell I like South Park and sometimes it gets down right blasphemous, but then when satan and sadam do their "Brokeback Mountain" bit I laugh my #ss off.
    Point is which is the more tolerant culture? While some may say that is our weakness.....IMHO think it is one of our "hidden strenghts"

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

No doubt we are the most tolerant culture. Try to get into a muslim country as a Christian Missionary, if you do actaully get in you won't be heard from again. Yet in the US, Allah's Temples are everywhere.

3. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:p
    Here it is...

[​IMG]

4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:p

We plot our revenge against these cartoon-denying morons. Here is our plan to launch the deadly "wabbititus" virus into every madras in the Middle East...

[​IMG]

5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Yosemite Sam!! Man am I glad to see him back on duty!