Cabinet from Tiffany's

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Donald Trump is in the process of assembling the wealthiest cabinet appointees in U.S. history.

That doesn't mean squat unless they just cannot get in touch with debt ridden....working class middle Americans who are wrestling with stagnant wages and out of control healthcare costs.

Since they really haven't experienced the pain of any of those commonplace things endured by the middle and lower class I have my doubts.

2. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Well Trump was elected because of blue colar working class America, right? And so far Ford has scrapped plans to move tehir Tenn opeartion to Mexico and now Carrier has backed off as well.

That's more than Obama has done for these folks in eight years. Hell, he wouldn't even acknowledge them.

I would expect you to have your doubts.... you are steeped in sterotypical democratic political assumptions.

3. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Ha.... Most of Obummer's cabinet has been millionaires so I fail to see the relevance...

Stagnant wages and spiraling healthcare costs?
    How can this be after 8 years of the Koombaya prez???
    You mean Obamacare hasnt been a Godsend and all our mortgages haven't been forgiven?

:roll:

4. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I'd rather have people that have been in the business community than in the lecture halls all day long. Just who should run the treasury a Good Humor truck driver? Who do we want to run a multi billion dollar government agency a billionaire or a high school janitor? After 8 years of Holder, Lynch and Lerner it will be nice to have competent honest people running the government.

5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Either they can do the job or not, I don't really care about their bank accounts.

Plus why do you assume that successful people are out of touch with the needs of the common man? Should we have homeless people in the Cabinet?

6. Motorcity Gator

I don't hope they fail.... I hope they succeed in spades for the American people.

I just have the opinion that sometimes the ultra rich don't truly understand what it's like to be a middle class American these days.

7. Terry O'Keefe

I like what he said about billionaire Wilbur Ross as Commerce Sec. I like him because he knows how to make money, and didn't see the point in appointing a guy who's failed all his life.

8. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

You're Gonna Love MadDog.....

"I expected all my Marines to have a plan to kill the enemy"....

OhhhRaaahhhh

9. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:D :D :D

Hiring people who're successful and who know how to run things...what a novel idea! You mean someone knows how to hire, fire and administer organizations better than college professors and pundits?

10. Terry O'Keefe

Speaking of the Trump White House...I see that Labron and company refused to stay at a Trump Hotel for their NYC trip.

Since it's become traditional for teams in a lot of different sports to come to the White House for a ceremony with the President after they win a Championship, I wonder who will be the first team and/or player to decline to go to the Trump White House.

To be fair though, there have been players who were no shows at other White House Ceramonies for various reasons. Brock Osweiler did not attend the Denver Broncos ceremony with Obama but not for political reasons.

But for some reason I forsee a trend of players and maybe even teams declining to go to the White House due to their political opposition to Trump.

11. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:roll:

Good! It was Nixon who started this giving national atta-boys to athletes. I've never been comfortable with it. A president is not a king.

12. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

I think FDR started it when he invited Joe Louis to the White House after he knocked out Max Schmelling. Good idea at that time but agree that later presidents have turned this congratulatory practice into a banality.

13. Motorcity Gator

Who better to halp the U.S. in global political crisis situations and avert wars, etc. than a CEO of an Oil Co. who has zero governmental experience on any level?

Same as appointing a billionaire who has zero experience with the public school system and believes preposterously that all Americans can afford private schools and who would in fact dismantle the public school system if she had her way.

This circus is just beginning.....

14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Well if we can have a community organizer who voted "present" while in the state legislature and who was in the Senate for a year before he ran for president, we can have actually talented people in cabinet positions who haven't been sucking on lobbyists for years. Let's call it "draining the swamp."

15. Motorcity Gator

I call it a circus by a guy who stiffed his creditors six times and yet still was allowed by loopholes for the ultra rich not to pay any income taxes. His is the magic act by the way....as presented by the head clown.

16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Here's a lesson for you Dave since you went to the university of liberal ignorance. Our tax laws were written to encourage business creation. If a business is created and does well the government has it's hand out and wants to collect taxes on the profits. They encourage investments with tools such as the capital gains taxes. At the same time, if the business maker loses money they allow him to write off those losses over a number of years hoping that by so doing the entrepreneur will try again to start a business. The dumb fucks on the left call it a "loophole." People with any intelligence call it a fair tax code that shares both the profits and the losses and encourages business.

17. Motorcity Gator

Six times he declares bankruptcy..... probably putting a collective thousands out of work.

He is uber wealthy personally... and yet his poor business sufferings allowed him to pay zero taxes.

The man has no moral compass.

18. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

There is a lot of work to be done, Dave. You better step aside because this country is going to make itself great again.

19. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Last number I looked at Trump had between 350 - 450 different businesses in operation. Yes a total of about 6-8 did not work out which is constantly brought up in the media, the other couple hundred are conveniently ignored.

On the discussion of taxation I was always taught its our God given right to do our best to evade taxes if we can find a legal way around the tax code. If people are going to get their panties in a wad over this issue they have never run a business before and have no understanding how difficult it is to be successful.

The end result for me is I am thrilled to have a person who has actually run a business and put his own money on the line with the investment. The fact that he is a billionaire from being an entrepreneur and not from being a bureaucrat politician gives me hope he has some understanding to what the small business and large business model is all about. This is what separates him from the current president and many before him.

20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

If bankruptcy is the indication of poor leadership that what do we do with Democrats who have bankrupted Detroit, San Bernidino, and even Puerto Rico? I guess that they're not capable of governing any cities, states or countries! Ever think about that?