Border Wars

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Terry O'Keefe, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I now understand why Tom is increasing the size of his arsenal. :shock: :shock: But seriously water usage is becoming a huge national problem, there was a time that it seemed like it was limited to the West where Colorado River water was being fought over by California, Arizona, etc. But it's everywhere. I have often wondered when in the future somebody will come up with a way of diverting the spring flood waters along the Mississippi river into resevoirs for use during dry periods. Could there be a pipeline to the West or the South East for water? It would solve some problems with regard to the annual floods in the midwest and provide an extra source of water. Of course nothing is simple, it's possible that taking flood waters from the Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, etc rivers would have some other negative impact that we don't know about right now.

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

We've got plenty of water up here in the Great Lakes region. If folks in Texas are running short, I'm sure that we can gouge them just like the Texans did to us during the oil shortage.
    Oh and years ago, someone came up with a very ambitious plan to solve the water shortage in the west. It started with damming up the lower part of Hudson bay where dozens of rivers and streems dump scads of fresh water. From Hudson Bay the water would be pumped into Lake Huron and then pumped out of the western part of Superior. Quite a project but, for a country which built the Panama Canal and put a man on the moon....doable.

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Somebody once had a plan to tow an iceberg to So.Californina and then pipe the melting water to the city.

4. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

For those sun parched Skyboxers, there is plenty of water in Detroit now ranked as Forbes's No. 1 City in America.

http://promo.realestate.yahoo.com/americas-most-miserable-cities.html

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Ah yes, Detroit and France, Les Miserables.

6. vicm

vicm New Member

I practiced in the Book Tower bldg. for a short time after graduation from ND. Left to find gainful employment. Met Barbara there who was employed with United Airlines. Have relatives living in St Claire Shores and North of 8 mile rd. I think most of you know that Barb passed away in 2004.