Arab support....4 years later

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

This MSNBC article paints a pretty gloomy picture of exactly what Bush has accomplished in his Iraq war endeavor.

Meanwhile more American soldiers are dying than ever before, Bush wants to send more troops and his handling of the war in Iraq has plummeted to an all-time low of 24% ( most of which are never say die Republicans to be sure....like the majority on this board.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16743349/

2. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

So why do you waste your time posting this stuff? You post an article, you predict the response and you finish by drawing your own conclusion as to our predispositions.
    :lol:

3. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:roll:
    BTW- MSNBC is virtually unwatchable. They don't even make a pretense at fairness. Its the lowest rated news in all of television and has no credibility that I'm aware of: even among liberals. Its a friggen infomercial. You're probably the only viewer they have...

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Ironic isn't it. We keep getting Bush's "approval ratings" shoved down our throats as though it means everything. Then the same shovers quote articles from the ratings losers.

6. Motorcity Gator

Similar articles were on virtually ever major online media outlet and television had the same news leading up to last night's SOTU address.

You guys just want to continue to keep your collective heads in the right-wing blogs.

Iraq is a mess and it was oversold and mismanaged. The consequences of our actions were poorly understood or planned for.

That's not breaking news.

7. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Maybe...but I think what most of us want is to get out of there with the fewest lives lost, both American and Iraqi, and without jeapardizing our own security. I think what most of us want is to not leave Iraq in such total disarray that it becomes another world tragedy. We are very afraid of what just walking out now would do to the people of Iraq and to our own country's ability to protect ourselves in the future.

8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It seems to me that since the US elections, the violence has really escalated. Of course having been encouraged by the quitters here, it should have been expected.
    Just once, I want to hear a positive suggestion to solving the future terrorist problem instead of Iraq, Iraq, blah, blah, blah. Of course it's always easier to criticize than constructively plan. We had a plan to try to fix Social Security. The critical harpies defeated it. Where's their alternative plan? As usual, they lack any vision. They just keep criticizing. Well, Nancy and the libs are taking over. I'll give them about 5 yrs. to prove to the American people once again that they have no vision other than taxing the successful to buy votes from the inert.

9. George Krebs

Iraq has become the "light" that attracts the "moths" who are the terrorists. A very high percentage of the terrorists are foreigners; Iranians, Syrians.

We can debate the origins of this conflict forever but what is undebatable is that Iraq has become the line in the sand so to speak. This si the decisive battlefield in the war on terror. Both sides have been exposed for years now. Who has what it takes? The terrorists are banking on the US losing its zeal for the conflict by the constant bombings and attacks on citizens. Just yesterday they fired two mortar rounds directly into an elementary school.

Our casualties are mounting because we are trying to do too much with too little and are getting very little help from the Iraqis tehmselves. If I was president( and didn't have to deal with a Congress with a losing attitude ) I would give the Iraqis a firm deadline of 12.31.07 for our departure. I would increase the troops much more than Bush is proposing and sweep that country clean There would be much collateral damage but better them than us. After the rats have been exterminated or kicked out the Iraqis can take over.

10. Motorcity Gator

George....you and I agree in that there should be an 8 month plan to secure with the Iraqis knowing full well that come that Dec. 31st deadline they would be completely on their own.

That would be a decisive plan with a final ending and a departure date.

I would be in favor of Bush's troop count escalation ONLY if the deadline were clearly outlined as above and it was no later than Dec. 2007.

Good plan George and it doesn't beat around the Bush.

11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Here you go from CNN
    Nice to see them coming up with a strategy, isn't it? Oh no wait, it's just more of the "whatever you want, I'll oppose BS."

12. George Krebs

It has been decades since the Democratic party ventured forth with an idea or proposed solution to a problem. This is what is responsible for their very limited political success in my opinion.

On the other hand, they have perfected whining, complaining, second guessing and capitulating.

They exist solely on their entitlement promises which, to the uniformed and uneducated who comprise the majority of their solid base, is the elixir that keeps them voting for the Dems. Add the illegal aliens to their constituency now. This party's tenuous existence is based on the promise of something for nothing. Think about it.

13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

One of the points from last night was that the middle class is getting the shaft. So what was the first thing that they did, raise the minimum wage so that the middle class business owner gets hit more. What complete BS artists.

14. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:roll:
    Here in California they're proposing universal health care...to be paid for with a tax on doctors and hospitals...

They've also proposed a law making it illegal for parents to spank their own children. The female lib/Dem who proposed the law said that it was suggested to her by one of her friends...

The mayor of Los Angeles is proposing a new tax to stop gang violence. Everyone will pay it except the gangs...

15. Motorcity Gator

I know it's 110% certain that one of the extremists (Shia or Sunni) or other bad guys caused this particular incident but I have a 9 year old boy and I know he doesn't get extreme over anything...he is a just a fun-loving....life loving innocent little kid......probably just like the kid in this photo by CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/

This scene has been repeated thousands of times over in Iraq the last 4 years.

I hope somehow in the future we can look back and say how it was all worth it.

16. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Thanks for that post MCG. Now we see that you are on the same side of the war as the biggest traitor since Benedict Arnold. Hanoi Jane is someone from which I would want to distance myself.

17. George Krebs

You're right, MCG. There has been a lot of that going on for the last four years. Way too much. It makes one yearn for the old days in Iraq, the salad days that comprised the 30 odd years under Saddam.

I'm sure the Iraqis yearn for the midnight raids where the women were pulled from their homes and raped and then shot or disemboweled. Or men being rounded up and shot in front of their families. The "lucky" ones were trundeled off to dungeons whre they were lovingly attended to with power drills, acid and electricity.

Of course it wasn't all work in Iraq under Saddam. They enjoyed soccer, especially the breaks in between the periods when he used to have "enemies" hung from the goal posts.

Yep. Damn the Americans for what they are trying to do.

18. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And when the US withdraws, everything will be peaceful and calm. Sure just as Cambodia became a killing field after the US left Southeast Aisa. But the killings will not be covered much here by the media just as the tens of thousands in Cambodia killed were unmentioned. When will folks catch on that the surrender folks are in it for political gain not for the benefit of the war victims.
    The people in the London subways and the WTC were 9 yr. olds once. What are we going to do to prevent future slaughers. I know, lets run away. That always works.

19. Motorcity Gator

I somehow lost a longer more well thought out post but Tom....that's a ******** comment. Got any more words of wit for me?

You guys and Bush himself, excluding most of the wiser Republicans however are the only ones who think he is a genius that has led us strongly and wisely in Iraq.

Your're definitely in the 24% of Americans who approve of his handling of the war in Iraq....and I suspect you must vote more than once in those polls.

Now I know why I mostly stay out of the smoky back room because too much of that smoke is blown up you know where.

20. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

That was not "words of wit". That was fact. Given her history... you do know her history don't you... if I found myself on the same side of any fight with Hanoi Jane Fonda, I would question whether I was right or wrong.

If you are comfortable with her on your side, heaven help you.