8/23 GOP Debate

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by BuckeyeT, Aug 24, 2023.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And while we're at it someone please explain to me why Djokovic can't play tennis in the US Open because he's not vaccinated but tens of thousands of illegals can waltz into the US and no one give a fk if they're vaccinated or not?

2. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

As bad as Biden, lol. I will however cop to being as bad as the NEJM, NIH database and the collective wisdom of the AMA and its practicing members and their combined experiences

Hmmmm....Possible??? Perhaps I guess, tho it didn't and hasnt.

Likely??? Ummm, the facts and probability theory suggest not, so....no.

A Certainty??? A ridiculously uninformed assertion typically only found among the denizens of the kool aid drinkers of the extreme right echo chambers and/or the anti-vax brigade

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  3. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

C'mon, man...you're quoting BIDEN??? Mr. Head Up His A$$???
    I'm trying to talk the science here and your own article says the science said he was lying. Nobody believed him then. Nobody believes him now. About anything. Hell he probably wasn’t lying. Mr. Confused probably believed it.

Whatever

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  4. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I most have forgotten that the CDC called a press conference right after that and said that the President as usual was FOS. Kool aid clouds my memory. Who knows, maybe I was even stupid enough to vote for this bozo.

5. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

My wife and I got the first round of covid shots and two boosters. We decided this year that we were not getting the booster. So on Monday my wife tested Pos and this morning I did. I know that there is no rhyme or reason who gets this stuff but I can tell you there is a laundry list of possible symptoms, they are all funky and we each have five or six of them and they are not the same. I'll spare you further details in consideration of the dinner hour.

6. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Everyone on the skybox should start wearing masks when reading George’s posts. You know the science.

7. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

George, hope your wife and you knock out the virus quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Novak got his revenge this year!

IMG_0106.jpeg

9. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

gip it's easy to explain why he couldn't play. He's not illegal and he needed to follow the rules to enter the USA and play in the tournament. The illegals crossing the border are just that and no matter how good they might be or have been at Tennis they never could have been eligible to play in the US Open because they are umm illegal!!.:confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BuckeyeT

Ditto that Krebsie, take care of yourselves and get back to form soon

11. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Everybody is entitled of course to their own opinion, but the Covid Vax inspite of it not being a magic bullet to prevent all who received it from getting covid, it was still a big success and IMHO turned the tide in the Covid crisis.

I'm a believer in vax. I've gotten all the Covid vaccines and I get the flu shot every year. I got the first shingles vax and the later 2 step Shingrix, I've had the Pneumonia vax, Tetanus Booster and just recently got the RSV vax. I will get the next Covid Vax as soon as it's available at my pharmacy and in a month or so I'm going to get the TDAP because I will be around 2 new baby's and I've been informed I should get it to protect them from getting whooping cough .

I am fully aware that none of those vaccines are guaranteed to keep me from getting covid, the flu, RSU, Shingles, etc but they reduce my chances and also are likely to reduce the severity and/or duration of those maladies. I have also read that the Covid vax reduces significantly your chance of getting Long Covid.

Those of you who don't want to get the Covid vaccine, it's your decision, I don't get why you don't though. There have been billions of doses of the various ones, Pfizer, Moderna, ones developed world wide and while as with all medications there are potential for side effects/reactions the incidence is incredibly small.

I'd get it if you declined all the various meds out there whether they be antibiotics, antivirals, cancer drugs, refused to have your children vaccinated, etc. But if you are only against the Covid vax..then you make no sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I'm not against vax... I will be getting a flu shot next week.
    I'm against a forced COLD vax... when 75 years of science said it was a BAD idea for the general populace.
    I believe it was probably a good thing for those at elevated risk. It should have ALWAYS been voluntary.
    And since I have already shown that my system can handle this cold just like all those I've encountered before, I'm not gonna waste my time on a vaccine that carries no benefit for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BuckeyeT

Ditto that and I believe history will share the same judgment. We know a great many things about the vax and it's impact on the virus. We do know that, in fact, it is not a magic bullet that completely prevents infection. Here are some other things we know, in fact, based upon data taken from over 21 million cases from patients over the age of 12:

1) incidence of infection is lower among those vaxxed than not and lower still with updated boosters
    2) incidence of disease is lower among those vaxxed than not
    3) incidence of serious illness is lower among those vaxxed than not
    4) incidence of hospitalization is lower among those vaxxed than not
    5) incidence of mortality is lower among those vaxxed than not - 14X less likely to die than those unvaxxed and those with updated boosters 3x less likely to die than those with only original series

So those things we know. We also know that those vaxxed, if infected are less likely to spread the disease. So if it suits your political purposes to state that the vax does not "stop" the disease, that is fair it does not completely prevent infection. That said, it is demonstrably false amounting to a blatant lie to suggest that the vax is ineffective or not beneficial. What it does do is vastly reduce the spread of the disease, the severity of the disease and risk of hospitalization and death. It does provide a clear and compelling benefit to overall public health and productivity, substantially lessen the threat to our healthcare system and substantially ease the burden to society that the disease represents...such burden easily quantifiable likely to the tune of hundreds of $Billions$.

COVID-19 Incidence and Death Rates Among Unvaccinated ...

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

So what you’re saying is that Operation Warp Speed was successful in fighting against the pandemic.

15. Stu Ryckman

Yes. If not “successful “ it was helpful and important. IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. George Krebs

I assume that most, if not all of the SkyBox folks are in the elevated risk category. As I said, we had the original mandated vaxxes and two boosters. Never has covid. Procrastinated this year and Bingo! My wife is on Day 9, still symptomatic and still +. I'm in Day 5 and all of the above. Plus I have what I think they call Covid brain. I comprehend but I'm like a half step behind. It's weird feeling. Some of you might think this my normal state :) Another strange aspect of this virus is that the symptoms constantly change; they come and go without notice. I'm not taking anything for this. The one constant remains the same: fatigue.

17. Stu Ryckman

You should consider Paxlovid. Hope you both get well.

18. George Krebs

Thanks. My wife is on Paxlovid. I have mild kidney disease and am down to 65-70% function and my doctor wants me to take the renal dose of Paxlovid only as a last resort. We'll be fine.

19. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

George, I wish symptom-free healing for you and your wife.

20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Get well George. My mother had Covid last year and came through. She's a hundred now.