25 Best moments in the Swamp

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

A Gator sportswriter is whiling away the summer reminiscing about what he deems to be the 25 greatest moments in the Swamp since Steve Spurrier annointed the stadium by that moniker back in 1992. I have been very fortunate even though I lived in Michigan for many of those years to have been there in the Swamp in person for several of the "greatest moments" including this one:
    https://www.gatorsports.com/2019/07...he-swamp-no-14-tony-george-down-the-sideline/

2. Motorcity Gator

Well the list has been completed with number one as follows:
    https://www.gatorsports.com/2019/07/25-best-moments-in-the-swamp-no-1-the-gamecocks-are-blocked/
    I had very good luck with being in attendance on probably 2/3 of the writer's list of best 25 moments but especially because I lived in Michigan during many of those seasons.... including 2006 when the top rated blocked kick occurred vs. South Carolina. I was happy to be in attendance that day with my then 9 year old son.

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

These are always interesting!

4. Motorcity Gator

Last year's pick 6 vs. LSU made the list and I was there.....my only game last year.... a couple of hail Marys vs. Tenn made it and I was there plus I witnessed a tipped Percy Harvin 70 yard TD catch vs 5th ranked LSU in an upset and I was in attendance for a monster defensive effort from Alex Brown vs. defending champion Tennessee in 1999 and I saw Danny Weuffel chew up FSU in 1995 to complete a 12-0 season for the Gators. It's been a fun ride in the Swamp.