Tide-Gators

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

I have no idea how Bama was not awarded the TD at the end of the half. However, Florida may suffer more from that call than Bama. The next offensive play after the refs give the ball back to Florida, Brantly is sacked and may have a serious knee injury.

2. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

:lol: looks like AJ jinx;d Gator's too...... God I love football.... just sit back and watch the teams lose. Florida... sorry Gator Bill not directed at you. and then the Cardinals get stomped and then Nebraska.... Joco had to tell me to quit grinning the last 2 hours. and remind me to play nice. ummmmm......NO WAY :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I wondered why the Gators weren't scoring, man that is tough if Brantley is done for the season. He was really on his way to finally having the season that he wanted in an offense he was suited to play. I hope he's OK.

4. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

The better team won tonight, I am just surprised as to how much better.

If Brantley doesn't come back, and I doubt he will, it looks like a long season for the Gators.

Congrats to Bama.

5. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

I love Charlie's offense, but if you lose the QB, you lose his offense. Hats off to that kid who blew past Dre. I assure you, that shocked Bama fans from Mobile to Mt Everest...

Still, to me the issue was going to be Alabama punching Florida right in the face on play after play and UF being able to take it. They couldn't. I'm not sure Brantley staying in the game would have made that much of a difference.. It looks like Alabama and Wisconsin right now. Oh yeah, there's LSU and Oklahoma but let's be real. Les Miles just let Jefferson back and Stoops always finds a way to choke to someone shitty (Texas)

6. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Bama looks pretty darn good to me too and I thought this would be ugly and it was. Florida will be in major doo-doo using a frosh QB or those running QBs in Charlie's offense. The whole thing was built around Brantley...

7. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Bama is a great team.......as good as I thought earlier in the season.

UF would have made it closer with JB but he was also personally responsible for throwing a horrible pick six that started Bama on their way to the rout. UF was driving down the field when it occurred and mo went the other way and the score was 17-10 suddenly.

With JB UF still loses by 14-17 points......but still loses.

Now we are screwed and may lose 4 in a row.

The Gator Bowl is licking it's chops.

8. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Gators has the decided schematic advantage though. Bama is damn good. Wisconsn and Alabama are the cream.

9. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Thanks to all. I was worried before the game and sick after the first play, but finally we decided to grind it out on the ground on offense and our defense woke up after that sucker punch to the jaw. I hope Brantley can come back quickly too. :)

10. Bryan

Bryan New Member

I also didn't have a very good feeling before the game, especially with CJ Mosley out. After the first Gator TD, I was flashing back to Arkansas of last year! Although Bama won that game against the Hogs, it was nail biter. Obviously, losing Brantley hurt Fla--hopefully he's back soon. Meantime, what about about putting Burton at QB while he's out? With him, Rainey, and Demps, that seems like an offense that can make some big plays..

RTR

11. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I'm for going with our freshman Driskel. He appears to be our future QB, so take our lumps with him in there this year and a young team. Then next year we have a more experienced team all the way around including QB.

12. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Except we lose Demps and Rainey.

I hope some of the younguns can step up at RB next year.