All Members: Please Read!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Skybox Moderators, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Skybox Moderators

Skybox Moderators New Member Administrator

We do see a concerted effort on MCG's part to try to fit in here. As long as he is making that effort, we will defend against any derogatory post made against him.

Understand that we believe Dave is making an attempt. It will take time to overcome the years of previous posts. The less he fires back, the more we will defend and eventually, we will get to where nobody remembers the past.

Everyone remember Rodney (Tailback). He was worse on Prodigy than Dave has been anywhere. He was part of the "Georgia Trio" that was hated by everyone. When we opened The Skybox, he wanted to become a part of it. He started posting very cordial notes without letting anyone know who he was. A few things he said made some of us realize his actual identity. We found out through e-mail that he wanted to give clues to who he was now that he was well thought of in the community. A few people started firing shots over his bow. We defended him to keep him from falling back into his old self. That lasted for about 9 years until something changed in his life and he snapped. Nothing here caused that.

We want Dave's transformation to work as well as Rodney's did but for longer. As long as Dave is behaving like he is now, We will edit, delete, or otherwise destroy any attempt from anyone to make him revert back to old behaviors.

Guys, this community is too small to be kicking people off. Let's give Dave the benefit of the doubt. Comment on what he says, not what you read between the lines. If what he says can be taken two ways, consider the best way and go with that. Let's make this work!... Please? :wink: :wink: :wink:

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Anything that helps keep the most members happy and posting over fighting and/or not posting is a good thing for the community.

3. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Totally agree Terry. Since I was the one most verbal in trying to "keep Dave walking the straight and narrow", I may need to be reminded of this above announcement. Please keep an eye on me.

4. Skybox Moderators

Skybox Moderators New Member Administrator

Also, the membership needs to know that this decision was made due to the perception of Dave making a change. No discussions were held with Dave behind the scenes. He is learning of this the same way you are.

5. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Yep, go Dave! :)

6. kp

kp Well-Known Member

This is fine with me. I have found that when my frustration level starts to elevate I just have to stop participating in that thread, and I am not a fan of kicking members out. Where is Job when you need him?

7. kp

kp Well-Known Member

And hey at least he never referred to my school as "scumbags". :x