May God Bless Barack H. Obama - our 44th President

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by BuckeyeT, Jan 20, 2009.

1. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Done deal......I wish his presidency nothing but magnificent success. God Bless America.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Let's hope so....

3. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Agreed, BT. Agreed.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I hope that he has a very successful 4 years and that all of the people benefit.

5. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Hell give him 8 if all that works out.

He has tasks in front of him that he is just now beginning to comprehend. He's our guy now.

6. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Sorry, but I can't wrap around the idea of him as my president. :cry:

7. BuckeyeT

He is Tom....he is the only one we've got.

8. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

That is why this will become a country divided even more than it was during Vietnam.

I will support the President because he is the president. I am not forced to respect the man or the ideals he stands for. I am a 2nd amendment rights advocate and he is putting in place a cabinet full of people that want to abolish the 2nd amendment. He is not my president!

9. AQUILA

AQUILA New Member

Good luck to him and I'll be praying for him. I will support him as well as long as he doesn't violate my rights as an American and as long as he supports our only true ally.

I have a feeling though that his inauguration speech might provide a bit of foreshadowing of his presidency. A lot of build up and unreal expectations that result in a big let down.

10. Outbound

Outbound New Member

I support him and hope I was wrong, But if I had been him I would have turned down the job.

11. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I cannot wish him to fail, if he fails we may all be in for more bad times than we ever expected.

I'm going with the people here who say that he's now our president and the only one we have.

God Bless him and as BT says let hope he is a magnificent success.

God Bless America.

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I wish him well. He has a very difficult road if front of him in the next two years. For he and his party, it's time to put up. No longer can they sit on the sideline and monday morning QB. The biggest problem he may face is the totally unrealistic expectations of his followers. The actually believe that a president can create real jobs, stop global warming, attain world peace through diplomacy and establish a college football playoff.

Unlike those that welcome unemployment and body counts for political gain, I wish him well. If he can effectively solve our serious problems, I'll vote for him next time.

13. Motorcity Gator

Amen to that...

14. The Gamecock Outlaw

The Gamecock Outlaw New Member

well since he's been in office he has signed executive orders allowing international funding for abortions, opening up stem cell research again, shutting down GITMO Bay prison due to terrorist not being treated ethically right.

I am failing to see where this is man was thought to be any good.

15. IrishCorey

patience grasshopper

:D

One of my pet peeves to date is the very same people who spent 8 years calling the President a:

-Thief
    -Liar
    -Man who started war to settle daddy's old score
    -Man who caused 9-11.
    -Coward

and who openly praised the notion that dissent is the most American of concepts, a notion I agree with at the ethos of my being, now openly call anyone who questions the policies of this President a racist or un-American.

I foresee much conflict ahead.

How did the old Devo song from my childhood go?? Freedom of choice is what you got.... Freedom from choice is what you want.

:p

Gotta love the left and the smooth sounds of Eugenics marching in from the distance.

16. Motorcity Gator

I have two questions:

1) Does the GOP fight the stimulus because there are no tax cuts for the average American family making somewhere between $55-110,000 per year or are they only talking up tax cuts for the families making more than $250,000 per year or in many cases much higher than that?

2) Should we be OK with Limbaugh's outrageous declaration of...."he's afraid of me..?"

"But if Boehner's plan is for his party to act as an oppositional force -- trying to block, delay and prevent legislative action -- then the GOP could find itself in big trouble.

If the Republicans don't agree with Obama's approach, given the severity of the crisis, they need to offer an alternative rather than just sitting still."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/27/zelizer.republicans/index.html

17. The Gamecock Outlaw

The Gamecock Outlaw New Member

another thing on the international funding for abortion clinics over seas. When did we have the money to do that? I thought we were suppose to stop unnecessary spending?

18. IrishCorey

WHOA... exactly what plan did the Dems offer other than dissent for 6 years? When they got in, they began to spend and bailout like crazy while blaming Bush for every check they wrote.

Obama has stepped in and IMMEDIATELY resumed the 'extreme liberal agenda' that Rush Limbaugh promised all who would listen.

We have the President of the United States of America dealing in a 'back and forth' in the media with a guy who is nothing more than a political troll designed to draw reaction out of people. One would think that the President would be above giving 2 sh*ts about Rush... but it appears that he isn't.

We have become a nation of WWE followers who somehow don't expect more of their politicians, or themselves.

19. BuckeyeT

This is a massive bill.....the issues that confront the legislators are vastly more complex than that......for example, and for the time being we'll not even begin to address the BILLIONS in pork barrel spending that are promised here, but address philosophical issues such as:

1) The bill mandates that all steel used in the infrastructure projects should be made in US factories.....

Is it the best long-term interest of our country/system for US taxpayers to subsidize the inefficiencies in our industries and force the US taxpayers to pay higher prices for domestic steel or are we better served paying less forcing the domestic producers to become more efficient and compete and in the process being able to afford more investment projects?

When we shop, do you believe that it is in our society's best interest to always buy American, even though in many instances, foreign products are of equal or better quality and cheaper prices......or should US consumers be forced to spend more of their paychecks simply to buy domestic? Should we have a choice? Under which circumstance is our system and way of life better served long term????

Waddya think?

20. Motorcity Gator

In freight sales there are those accounts who are newer....growing....viable and making money. Those are typically the best accounts to have because they allow you to provide a service at a rate that still allows you to make a profit.

Then there are those accounts whose business is more mature...stagnant.....using old antiquated ideas and old expensive labor and whose expenses are such they cannot afford anything but the cheapest, cut rate carriers and you almost do their business at a loss. They are not worth the trouble.

The foreign competition has forced our economy into the latter category but it doesn't mean it is viable...desirable or doable. We are in a lousy predicament.