College Football 2026.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 4, 2026.

  1. Bobdawolverweasel

    Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 1999
    Messages:
    7,741
    Likes Received:
    684
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Brief thread jacking but Thursday night was very difficult for Packers fans.

     
  2. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    I hope she made it home oK o_O
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    Northwestern giving IU all they want and a little more. 15-13 IU leadng in the 4th qtr.
     
  4. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    IU recovered the onside kick and now should win 29-23. Great effort by Northwestern
     
  5. Bobdawolverweasel

    Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 1999
    Messages:
    7,741
    Likes Received:
    684
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    That face masking penalty by NU’s defensive end in the 4th quarter when NU had IU at 3rd and 23 deep in IU territory was a killer. He had the ball carrier wrapped up with other defenders nearby. Northwestern played a great game against an elite team. Adding Chip Kelly and Chiles really improved their offense. There defense has been solid under Braun.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bobdawolverweasel

    Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 1999
    Messages:
    7,741
    Likes Received:
    684
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    As for Indiana, Marsh and Baker are going to cause nightmares for BIG defensive backs. Other than QB, their overall talent definitely is comparable to last year’s team and Hoover will improve as he gets more experience running IU’s offense.
     
  7. Sid

    Sid Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2002
    Messages:
    16,838
    Likes Received:
    933
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Fishers
    IU's RB room suffered another blow last night with Turbo Richard going down near halftime. Beebe, Jr. showed he 's capable of carrying the load but he needs to stay healthy. I'm impressed with NU. After seeing the score of the Colorado game (41-7), I knew they'd be a challenge and they were.
    Side note: When you can see a blatant penalty on TV that the refs missed, it's not good. I saw it a few times last night. I sure hope it's not a trend.
     
  8. Don Ballard

    Don Ballard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2001
    Messages:
    9,744
    Likes Received:
    852
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    New Albany Oh
    In all fairness to officials missing blatant calls, what we see as spectators is not what officials may see from their view on the field? In my opinion the officials have a very difficult job. I do not think I would enjoy that job.
     
  9. kp

    kp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 1999
    Messages:
    9,544
    Likes Received:
    537
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Titus Alabama
    I officiated intramural basketball in college. I did not have any training, but I would not like to have that job either.
     
  10. kp

    kp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 1999
    Messages:
    9,544
    Likes Received:
    537
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Titus Alabama
    Another good barometer game for Alabama today. We should win but South Carolina is a decent SEC team with a good coach. Once again, a slow start where we give up early points and fall behind could be catastrophic. We have dodged bullets the last 2 Saturdays, I don't know how many times we can get away with those kind of performances.
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    Lol...they have Holly Rowe doing the pre-game interview with Sark...it was very cordial.
     
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    Longhorns up 10=7, not an esp well played game by either offense.
     
  13. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    Will be watching ND/Purdue so will mis the 2nd half of Texas/Tenn
     
  14. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    If you weren't watching one of the dumber and most obnoxious unsportsmanlike penalties was on the Longhorns when the guy who sacked the Tenn QB for a big loss and forcing a punt,,decided it was cool to simulate whipping it out and pissing on the field (or maybe the player)
     
  15. Sid

    Sid Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2002
    Messages:
    16,838
    Likes Received:
    933
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Fishers
    Whoa! Glad I didn’t see that.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. kp

    kp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 1999
    Messages:
    9,544
    Likes Received:
    537
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Titus Alabama
    I wonder if Holly will interview him? ;)
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX


    Collin Simmons, a really good player, who commits a terrible unsportsmanlike.
     
  18. Terry O'Keefe

    Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 1999
    Messages:
    65,999
    Likes Received:
    2,094
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    Oh and Texas wins 20-17.
     
  19. Sid

    Sid Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2002
    Messages:
    16,838
    Likes Received:
    933
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Fishers
    Gee Terry. Thanks for showing what I can’t unsee. :eek:
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

    HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2001
    Messages:
    12,233
    Likes Received:
    481
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    40º 86' N, 96º 68' W
    I thought their name was longhorns?
     
    • Funny Funny x 3