College Football 2024 Week 9

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 22, 2024 at 10:02 AM.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

It's getting real folks!

Have a Thursday night game with unbeaten Pitt hosting 1 loss Syracuse, but that 1 loss was to woeful Stanford. I have to like Pitt at home vs the Orange.

Have a good slate on Friday night as well, with Boise State one of the teams with a shot at the Group of 5 slot in the playoffs @ UNLV. Also Rutgers travels to USC, can they put another nail in the coffin of Lincoln Riley? Probably not but his seat has to be very warm.

Saturday.

1. Oregon vs Illinois The Illini are a solid team but the Ducks just too talented and Autzen Stadium is a Death Valley like place to play.

2. Georgia - Bye

3. Penn State @ Wisconsin. I'm sorry I'm just not a believer in the Nits. I won't be surprised if the Badgers pull an upset.

4. Ohio State vs Nebraska After watching IU lay 56 on them, I think the Buckeyes can put a hundred on them. They won't but it won't be close.

5. Texas @ Vanderbilt I think the Longhorns bounce back and take care of Vandy. The defense will be the key. What to watch for is if the offense struggles does Arch get the call again?

6. Miami vs FSU Used to be one of the great games every year. But the Seminoles are woeful this year and this game will be a rout.

7. Tenn - bye

8. LSU @ Texas A&M both squads have early season losses but are atop the SEC standings as the last unbeatens. This should be the game of the week, Aggie QB Connor Weigman is healthy and playing well, LSU QB is All-American caliber and their defense is improving. I'm thinking shoot out myself.

9. Clemson vs Louisville Dabo seems to have the Tigers humming right along and Louisville is a solid team but not enough to go to Death Valley and win.

10. Iowa State - Bye

other games

ND vs Navy The Irish will have their hands full vs the Middies who have added a passing game to their always difficult to handle triple option. ND needs to win this and of course get some style points if possible, but I could see an upset or a close Irish win. Riley Leonard will have to be nearly perfect vs the Navy.

Washington @ Indiana The Huskies beat Michigan at Seattle but then were routed at Iowa. The key is that IU QB who has been the key to their season will be out for this game. That opens the door for an upset.

Oklahoma @ Ole Miss 2 teams badly in the need of a win, but with the problems that OU has at QB I can't see them going to Oxford and pulling the upset.

BYU @ UCF BYU is unbeaten and certainly could end up in the B12 Championship game, I doubt they have much trouble with UCF, even on the road.

Missouri @ Alabama Again 2 teams needing a win, I don't know what to expect here. The Tide just haven't looked like what you expect from an Alabama team since the Georgia game. South Carolina had a shot at them, if Brady Cook is on, maybe Missouri will as well.

Michigan State @ Michigan Well the Spartans did beat Iowa last weekend, and Michigan still is unsettled at QB. But being at home I think is the difference. I bet the Wolverines don't throw 15 passes in this game.

SMU @ Duke Both have only 1 loss and so that makes this a big game in the ACC. SMU has a dynamic young QB in Kevin Jennings, Duke has Longhorn Transfer Malik Murphy and former Longhorn DCoord Manny Diaz replacing Mike Elko. Don't know what to think here.