College Football Week 8

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 15, 2024.

1. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

This season has been such a surprise to everyone. I am predicting a very strange football playoff that could include a few surprises like Indiana, Michigan, Oklahoma and USC, old consistent winners are not that successful this year. Really hard to figure out who will be the final four picks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. kp

kp Well-Known Member

This is getting a lot of discussion on the other forums I am on. A penalty is announced, the yardage marked off, the home fans throw a lot of debris on the field, game delayed, the original penalty is taken back. Not a reviewable call. No video review. WTF?

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Calls are changed, I see it all the time. Flag is thrown and then after discussion picked up. But this one was different. I see people commenting that the crowd somehow knew that if they threw stuff on the field that the officials would change the call, they were just pissed at the call and the delay that it caused gave the officials the time to talk and change the call. It was the right call I don't think anybody could dispute that but that it was changed after that amount of time is a first for me.

4. Terry O'Keefe

I see that the UConn coach complained about the biased officiating in his game that he lost this past Saturday and all but said that the ACC officials were making calls to help out Wake Forrest.

It seems to me that officiating is getting worse. I've read complaints about the UCF/Iowa State game fans believe that the B12 officials were protecting their "unbeaten" team Iowa State.

Many ND fans have long believed that ACC officials screw the Irish when they get a chance in both basketball and football. Don't get me started on Big10 refs and the Irish.

Most Texas fans felt like that the SEC refs were going to have a "welcome" to the SEC year with the Longhorns.

5. Terry O'Keefe

We are down to 9 unbeaten teams in the top 25. I doubt if we'll have a single unbeaten team at the end of the regular season. Oregon has a shot at it and so does Miami, but then there are the Conference championship games, Oregon beating Ohio State twice...hmmmm I don't think so. Miami beating Clemson, mabye. Penn State I can't see them running the table even though they get the Buckeyes in Happy Valley.

That loss to Georgia has to have taken a lot of steam out of the Longhorns, they've gone from a team people were calling a complete team, to one with a QB controversy at least among the fans and wondering about their OL/running game.

I didn't believe kp when he said the Tide would lose 3 or 4 games this year, but they have seemed to have lost their way on offense and he might be right.

That Georgia win in Austin under the lights with that crowd pumped to the max was impressive. To me they are #1, but I agree with the pollsters right now you have to go with Oregon.

• Agree Agree x 1