Debate

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jun 28, 2024.

1. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

When you lose Clooney....

- American actor George Clooney, a high-profile supporter of President Joe Biden, argued in an op-ed that the Democratic party needs a new nominee.

“We are not going to win in November with this president. On top of that, we won’t win the House, and we’re going to lose the Senate,” wrote Clooney in a New York Times piece published Wednesday.

“This isn’t only my opinion; this is the opinion of every senator and congress member and governor that I’ve spoken with in private. Every single one, irrespective of what he or she is saying publicly.” he added.

Clooney argues Biden should leave the race and Dems have a new nominee

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Terry O'Keefe

Critical press conference coming up, he already tried to introduce the President of Ukraine as President Putin!

5. Terry O'Keefe

Well it was a classic talk to an old guy who has lost a step and takes a long time to compose his thoughts and express them. IMHO though it wasn't the disaster as the debate....anyway.

6. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

I just gotta say I'm disgusted by the whole thing.....party hacks on both sides have given us a choice of two men neither of whom is remotely qualified for the job and a international embarrassment. What serious minded Board of Directors would hire either one of these guys to run any meaningful enterprise?

On the one hand the political hacks on the left have gaslighted us into believing a guy for which they draw maps so he can enter and exit a stage safely and has a hard time crafting a cogent thought and stringing sentences together is remotely qualified to assume the responsibilities of the leader of the free world. In addition, there is the still lingering question as to whether he and/or his family were enriched by virtue of influence peddling. The lefty hacks tell us that that's not the case, none of which we saw with our own eyes is really true but even if it is, the other guy is a crook and an existential threat to democracy.

On the other hand we have the kool-aid drinkers on the right telling us that a man that is a convicted felon, incited an insurrection and violent assault on our Capitol, plotted and organized an effort to overturn the results of a presidential election, has been found guilty of tax fraud and a host of other fraudulent behaviors for which he's on the hook for the better part of $Billion$ and is currently under criminal indictment for obstruction of justice, election fraud and violations of the Espionage Act for stashing national secrets in a bathroom and a ballroom stage, amongst other highly secure places is their guy. Oh, and then there's the small matter of 12 ordinary US citizens told us based upon their review of the evidence that he was also liable for sexual assault and defamation beyond a reasonable doubt. The kool-aid drinkers tho, they tell us he really didn't do those things that we saw with our own eyes, but even if he did, it really shouldn't matter because the other guy is really old

Did I get that about right? smh.....fyi, I wouldn't be surprised to see Biden back out of the race this weekend. I think the heat is becoming unbearable

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  7. Terry O'Keefe

I actually will be surprised to see him back out.

8. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

BT, I disagree with some parts of your criticism of Biden, but I'm not going to argue for two reasons: 1) I respect you, your intelligence, and your opinions; 2) re: Biden's fitness for the next 4 years, I'm being forced against my will toward the camp of him dropping out. There's a video of his interview with a TV network (I think CBS) in 2020. He clearly is a different person from now. Sharp, clear-eyed, speaking very well, a commanding presence, etc.. Comparing that interview to today, even the recent interviews and political rallies, it's obvious he's not the same person and has slipped badly. My sense is that this is going to be the most interesting - if nothing else - presidential campaign in our lifetimes. My fervent hope is that Trump does not win. No matter who runs for the Dems, I'll vote for him/her.

9. Terry O'Keefe

I was once sure that Biden was not going to pull out of the race, digging in his heels more as the Democrats ask him to drop out of the race.

I am less sure now, he looks weaker daily Covid 19 aside.

10. Bobdawolverweasel

IMG_0169.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. BuckeyeT

Too much smoke coming from too many different credible sources citing too many different dimensions, from the House to the Senate to his donors, family and his Cabinet to not have some basis in fact. It won't be long now, the end is near, imo

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
  12. Terry O'Keefe

Digging in the heels.

The Biden campaign took a swipe at “anonymous” sources that have relayed concerns from within the Democratic Party about the president's candidacy as questions continue about his physical and mental state.

Campaign Spokesperson Kevin Munoz highlighted Biden TV interviews this past week and support from Black women and Hispanic groups, while linking Trump to the conservative Project 2025 agenda, which has been portrayed as a blueprint for a future Republican administration, which he has disavowed.

13. BuckeyeT

Inner circle fighting to the end to protect their jobs and influence, no surprise there. It's not enough, imo....the real question now is who's on the ticket and in what order? Hard for me to envision a scenario where Kamala isn't on the ticket. Also hard for me to envision a scenario where she can win at the top spot. Also.....hard for me to imagine the conversation wherein she agrees to stay on the ticket without getting 1st billing. :eek: Tough spot for the Dems....possible names Shapiro, Whitmer, Newsom, Moore, Kelly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

So... I understand many of you fellas disdain for the Trump (I have no affection for him myself), but I have to ask:
    If Newsom is the Dem choice, would you vote for that moron?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. BuckeyeT

Scott, in that scenario I'm uncertain who I would vote for, but am still certain of who I would not. First order of business for me is the proper respect, appreciation and support for the fundamental rule of democracy and the tradition and societal significance of the peaceful transfer of power - now since cast into the trash bin of history....for eternity. It's a fairly simple test, if you can't pass that one you're not worthy of consideration much less selection, imho

16. Terry O'Keefe

CNN —
    Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have been privately encouraging donors in recent weeks to continue financially supporting President Joe Biden’s campaign, according to two sources familiar, in the aftermath of Biden’s disastrous debate performance that has sent the Democratic Party spiraling into chaos.

One of the sources said the Clintons are choosing to be “deferential to Biden’s decision.” However, the second source, who is familiar with the Clintons’ thinking and has spoken with the couple in recent days, insisted that it is more accurate to say they are “deferential to the process.”

17. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if there were actually three parties.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bobdawolverweasel

“Deferential to the process” = Bill and Hillary are plotting to shank poor Joe in the back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Well-Known Member

As sick as I am about the damage smarmy arsehole Gavin Newsom has done to my state I certainly don't want to see him on the presidential ballot with a chance of running (ruining) my country.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
  20. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Biden is out: