Trump arrested.

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by gipper, Mar 31, 2023.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Anyone have any thoughts about this.
    Here's a quote from that stand up guy Romney who voted to impeach Trump the first time. "“There’s no question but that the appearance of looking into Burisma and Hunter Biden appears political. And I think people are tired of these kind of political investigations,” Romney, a member of the homeland security panel, said."
    Haven't hear a word from him about this whole episode.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  2. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

It's the face of tyranny. Congrats to the leftys...you just reelected Donald Trump....and I love it.

3. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Mackey looking at 10 years for his meme on vote Trump meme....10 years....

4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

This is a popular post don't you think Gipper?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Hillary broke the law using a private server while sec. of State and then obstructed justice by deleting thousands of emails and then destroyed the hand held devices she used. Never prosecuted. Dozens protested daily outside SCOTUS Justices' homes in clear violation of the law non were arrested. Hunter Biden lied on his gun permit application. Never prosecuted. Hundreds attacked the Federal Building in Portland for over 50 days. They shined lasers in the eyes of law enforcement officers. Few were arrested and those that were hardly did any time.
    Protesters at the Capitol were arrested by the hundreds though most were guilty of trespass at most. Many are still jailed denied bail and the Constitutional right to a speedy trial. Protestors who sing hymns outside abortion centers are routinely arrested while those that firebomb Right to Life facilities are rarely hunted by federal authorities. Parents who protest a school board meetings are declared to be "Domestic Terrorists." The list goes on and on. And you those smug fascists say over and over again "No one is above the law." The justice system of this country is totally perverted. What happened to the legal system I practiced in for over 40 yrs.?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

In a a body full of scurrilous characters, Mitt Romney stands out. I put him the "ninja class" of cads, those who appear to be one thing when they are actually quite the opposite. He shares that distinction with Lindsay Graham, Mitch McConnell and a few others. You may have heard them referred to as 'Rinos'.
    I don't like Donald Trump. I like most of his policies but feel that the divisiveness he enflames is not worth the cost. I refuse to believe that a 78 year old man on a mission of revenge is the best we can do.

Are these charges ridiculous? Absolutely, without a doubt. The Justice Dept. would not bring a case but some obscure borough DA from NYC does? Bill Clinton paid Paula Jones over $800,000 to shut up but was never prosecuted. You have the Bidens up to their necks in selling influence to foreign adversaries and money laundering yet many news outlets don't even report it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. George Krebs

The politicization of the American justice system is the #1 threat to our democracy. We are well on our way to totalitarian banana republic status.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Well one difference between Romney and Graham is that Graham has come out forcefully against this farce.

Tearful Lindsey Graham begs Trump fans to give him money to fight indictment

• Like Like x 1
  9. George Krebs

Graham always talks a good game but when push comes to shove.....

10. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

He's all hat and no cattle.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe. I guess I’m an outlier but I like him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

This is sort of where I am at, how sad is it that Biden and Trump are the top candidates for President. What does it say that we can't seem to come up with better choices.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

We are agreed....it is a sad state of affairs to be sure.

Re: the Trump indictment, to be clear I agree, this has the smell of politics by the NY DA. Having said that, it wasn't the DA who sealed the deal but a majority of the jurors empaneled who believed the evidence presented to them showed that there is probable cause to conclude that Trump committed a crime and brought the indictment. Given that, it seems curious to me why Vance or Garland chose to not pursue.

This matter always seemed to me to be the least worrisome of all his many legal challenges. The NY DA is but a bit player in this drama. Jack Smith and the Georgia proceeding will much more likely be his downfall. The smoke surrounding potentially damning evidence on the obstruction charge in the document case and the ever expanding witness list compelled to testify in the Jan 6 investigation would seem a far more daunting problem

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It only took 12 out of 23 jurors to get the indictment. How hard would that be when "Overall in New York City, Biden received 2,321,759 votes, 76%, to Trump’s 691,682 votes, or 23%; "

15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Maybe it's me, but I cannot recall any president being more divisive than Biden. How many times are we going to hear about White Supremacists, racists, "threats to our Democracy", MAGA this and MAGA that?
    That speech he gave with the red light behind him and Independence hall behind him was a disgrace.
    The country has always thrived because of it's "melting pot" culture. Somewhere we started celebrating not only unity but diversity. We have Black History Month, and Black Entertainment Awards, we have neighborhoods where they practice sharia law, and we have to push 1 to speak in English on some phone calls. We're being purposely divided by people who don't praise our unity but stress how important it is to remain apart. My son's father in law Is a brilliant guy and wrote a book about what's happening years ago. It's titled Assimilation American Style and it shows concerns for the changing from the melting pot culture.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. BuckeyeT

True that Gip! My gut tells me tho that after being presented evidence and testimony for months on a guy who heads an enterprise that has a documented history and already been found guilty of criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records in another proceeding, when asked whether or not there is probable cause to believe that he falsified business records, I'm gonna take the over on the 12 out of 23 number

He's gonna have his day in court, should be a doozy!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

T I remember that fueled by a completely bogus "dossier" Trump's life was investigated by over 2 dozen FBI agents and a number of attorneys looking for "Russian Collusion." It was during that investigation they came up with Stormy Daniels. At that point you just knew they weren't looking for collusion, they were looking for ANYTHING. In the end after two years of digging, to quote the notorious Trump hater Peter Strzok, "there's no there there."

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. BuckeyeT

Gip, I hear ya on that one, this is an entirely different matter. The "there" has already been evidenced in prior proceedings. His CFO is in the pokey, his organization has already been found guilty of criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records. Given that, tho on a different matter, it's not a stretch to believe that they have a mountain of evidence and plenty of "there", there to bring an indictment. Conviction? The jury is still out on that one ;).....the good news for him is that the circus will enable him to keep the fund raising machine grifting the base non-stop to ramp his bash De-Sanctimonious campaign to ever higher levels.

19. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

If we're relying on past history T why is it that the Fed. Justice Dept. and prior DA's like Cyrus Vance didn't want any part of this "charge" that the current DA Bragg is bringing?

20. BuckeyeT

Can't answer that one Gip, hence my earlier comment re: curious as to why they didn't. Given what we know today, they likely would have been successful in bringing forward an indictment as well or perhaps Bragg was successful in uncovering more compelling evidence in the ensuing months. That said, as you well know better than I, getting a conviction will be another matter entirely. In any event, he will have the stage, front and center all by himself, just as he likes while raising tons of dough and watching the other contenders stumble amongst themselves trying to weave their way to the nomination. What a country.....